Cuticle Away help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic86x

Reaction score
Hi i haven't long did my shellac training but i keep getting confused at the cuticle away part. Do you put a small pea size on each nail let it activate then remove or wash it off with water? You tube videos that cnd have made they remove it with water?

When i am removing the cuticle away after 1 minute i feel like nothing is coming away and im not sure if i am doing it correctly. I know when i went and got my nails done gooey dirty gel would come off my nails & i used to say my goodness they look so dirty. I have been practising and no one has had this when i have been removing.

When i was at the training you would remove the cuticle skin then the trainer would come round and show me that there was more on the skin and she would take away skin once the nail was dry? totally confused feel like i spend ages on this part a good 15 mins.

Can anyone help ?
Thank you

This is how I use cuticle away -
Apply small amount to each nail
Spread around cuticle area with pusher
Using gentle strokes with the cuticle pusher I lift any cuticle from the nail plate
I wipe away any excess CA with a cotton pad
Then I go back over the nail with the pusher concentrating on the sidewalls and around the eponychium
Deactivate CA with water and a wipe ensuring none remains on the nail plate
Where necessary use a cuticle nipper to remove any lose dead skin

Hope that helps

This is how I use cuticle away -
Apply small amount to each nail
Spread around cuticle area with pusher
Using gentle strokes with the cuticle pusher I lift any cuticle from the nail plate
I wipe away any excess CA with a cotton pad
Then I go back over the nail with the pusher concentrating on the sidewalls and around the eponychium
Deactivate CA with water and a wipe ensuring none remains on the nail plate
Where necessary use a cuticle nipper to remove any lose dead skin

Hope that helps

Me too x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do slightly differently

Small drop on each nail
Spread with cuticle pusher
User cuticle pusher in small circular pattern
Deactivate and remove CA with soap and water soaked lint free pad
Dry nails with manicure towel
Go over cuticle areas again once dry but slightly damp with curette
Scrubfresh
Apply product

I do slightly differently

Small drop on each nail

Spread with cuticle pusher

User cuticle pusher in small circular pattern

Deactivate and remove CA with soap and water soaked lint free pad

Dry nails with manicure towel

Go over cuticle areas again once dry but slightly damp with curette

Scrubfresh

Apply product

This is what i do. Except i now use an old gel brush to tickle the cuticle remover into the eponychium and nail area, it gives me something to do to pass the time and clients say they like the sensation, then carry on same as trinity

Hi i haven't long did my shellac training but i keep getting confused at the cuticle away part. Do you put a small pea size on each nail let it activate then remove or wash it off with water? You tube videos that cnd have made they remove it with water?

When i am removing the cuticle away after 1 minute i feel like nothing is coming away and im not sure if i am doing it correctly. I know when i went and got my nails done gooey dirty gel would come off my nails & i used to say my goodness they look so dirty. I have been practising and no one has had this when i have been removing.

When i was at the training you would remove the cuticle skin then the trainer would come round and show me that there was more on the skin and she would take away skin once the nail was dry? totally confused feel like i spend ages on this part a good 15 mins.

Can anyone help ?
Thank you

Sorry not sure if I am being silly but by your post looks are you actually "pushing" the cuticle off the nail plate? Or are you just putting it on then washing off? Xx

Latest posts

Back