Cuticle confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydollmama

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Can someone please tell me the difference between cuticle remover and cuticle eraser? Or are they much the same thing?

Thanks

I always thought they were the same thing so I will wait and see the replies.

Rachel

Cuticle emover removescuticle and calluses very strong and needs to be removed with water & soap, otherwise it eats the skin away like pacman.

cuticle eraser micro exfoliates cuticles and rehydrates lateral nail folds.

Thanks very much, love the pacman description! I wanted to ask as the gel I currently use doesn't seem to be that effective.

Thanks again

well im surprised my clients have fingers left ,
as we werent taught to wash the cuticle remover off at all .....but saying that ,the old remover i was using ,didnt even remove the cuticle lol
THANK GOD FOR CREATIVE (and the remover is the only product i have used so far,im soo impressed)

Hey just an FYI:

Cuticle REMOVER is a combination of Sodium Hydroxide (breaks down keratin in higher doses ie: CUTICLE), Aloe leaf juice (penetrates skin for moisture), and Butylene Glycol(a humectant:retains moisture in skin). It is not meant to be LEFT ON, but RINSED off after cuticles are gently pushed back- apply in drops on each cuticle area, then use your pusher to smooth it around and push dead tissue back off of the nail plate. Then you can either have your clients wash with soap and water, or you can directly spray a soapy water combo on the nail and wipe off with a hands down pad. BUT YOU MUST WASH IT OFF! Water deactivates the Sodium Hydroxide, leaving it on will be detrimental to the rest of your service- including manicures, pedicures, enhancements, etc. After you have washed it off your clients hands, use a curette to remove any remaining dead tissue from the nail plate- my nippers have "taken a vacation" since I started doing this, and cuticle growth has slowed WAAAAY down from not being damaged, even accidentally.

Cuticle ERASER is NOT to be washed off!! I am saying this because there has been confusion in the past about this! People have assumed that it was similar as other removers and had to be washed off after application- DONT WASH IT OFF! Eraser is an AHA MICRO-EXFOLIATOR and Cuticle cream TREATMENT. Its a PREVENTATIVE treatment for cuticles and hangnails, and it also conditions the skin. Use it with SOLAR OIL as a kind of "cocktail" for your cuticles- think of Eraser as the shampoo, and solar oil as the conditioner- LET IT SOAK IN!! I use it and then coat my hands with solar butter to kind of "seal" it all in. This is an EXCELLENT retail item, I have actually handed it to my clients that needed it in the past and just told them they had to buy it before they left their appt. lol. And they did! And they love it after they come back in 2-3 weeks later- it isnt an overnight difference- its gradual. You can't make hair healthy in one treatment, same thing with the skin on your hands!

ANother tip totally off topic- when you finish your rebalance/new set, etc, do this same trick with REJUVENATOR and solar oil- it can help heal up any of those minor nicks that occur when filing, pushing, etc. FOr really damamged hands, send them home with some ;)

I stupidly took my Mam as my model for my foundation course, her cuticles are the worst in the world, lol! There is about 5mm of cuticle right up her nail and it's really thick. My educator actually said, if it was a real client, if I had an appt afterwards she would not have performed the enhancements there and then as it would knock your times out for the rest of the day.......

Anyway, 35 mins later:eek: I had her cuticle work done, lol.... Since then, I have stood over her twice a day as I make sure she uses the AHA n 4 times a day as she uses SolarOil and the difference is amazing!

Her cuticle area looks almost normal:wink2: She's had no hangnails for 3 weeks now, n she used to suffer quite bad due to the excess growth n the fact she has very dry skin. I've given her 3 manicures using Cuticle remover in the mean time, n the last time I didn't even have to get my nippers out!

Doing my CreativeSpa in Dec, no doubt I'll have to tackle the rhino skin on her feet then:green:

Thanks for the info, I'm really glad I asked!

awww Lisa I think we have all had that "special" client lol!

Good on you for helping her see her wicked ways ;) Dont you just LOVE the stuff?

Latest posts

Back