Cuticle eraser or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsbyrosie

Reaction score
Hi There

I did a Creative Nail training course 18 months ago and have used the products in my home salon ever since. I think they are brilliant and use nothing else,

However I have just been offered a job with a well known branded nail bar chain and they don,t use cuticle eraser or anything similar on the clients during prep, is this the norm?

I have done a day's training in L&P with them and I'm not allowed to pre-tailor tips and have been told to wipe excess monomer onto a paper towel.

I find the products used a bit of a let down after Creative Nails. I was thinking of taking this job for extra experience until I build up my home clientele.

Any advice? Should I go for it or stay at home with Creative whose products I love?.

i think you have a hard decision. I myself would also love the extra experience and would find a salon experience a good choice, but, i'm not sure i would take it if they are using products i'm not happy with or doing things i'm not happy with.

Think about it this way, would you be happy producing nails with a product you're not happy using? Would you be happy changing the way you have been taught to do things when, lets face it, you've had good teaching so anything else is going to feel abit of a let down.

I would say IMO to wait and stick with what you know and the products you're using. You'll be better off in the long run.

Thanks for the advice. I think i,ll stay with the best products.

nailsbyrosie said:
Hi There

I did a Creative Nail training course 18 months ago and have used the products in my home salon ever since. I think they are brilliant and use nothing else,

However I have just been offered a job with a well known branded nail bar chain and they don,t use cuticle eraser or anything similar on the clients during prep, is this the norm?

I have done a day's training in L&P with them and I'm not allowed to pre-tailor tips and have been told to wipe excess monomer onto a paper towel.

I find the products used a bit of a let down after Creative Nails. I was thinking of taking this job for extra experience until I build up my home clientele.

Any advice? Should I go for it or stay at home with Creative whose products I love?.

Hi
I would stick with the way you have been trained which is the right way cuticle eraser is one of the most important things during prep why have people come back with lifting if it can be eliminated with proper prep........and I cant believe you are not allowed to pre tailor tips what happens if you get a nail bitter or ski jump nail you have to pre tailor..........If I was you I would stay as you are and carry on doing things the right way babe, you dont want to be getting into bad habbits or short cuts.

Good luck
Dawnie xxx

Latest posts

Back