cuticle problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady H

Reaction score
My mam has brittle nails and her cuticles are a mess, lots of growth on the nail plate etc. The best thing for it I have been advised is cuticle eraser teamed with solar oil, which I bought her today from a local salon. Just wondered if anyone can advise wether it is best to apply the creative cuticle eraser after the solar oil or the other way round? I have advised her to do this at night when she goes to bed. Anyone have any advice?

Hi Harvey,

If I were you, Id push back her cuticles then put on the cuticle eraser, nip them and massage in the solar oil. I retail the solar oil and thinks its the best thing for the nail and cuticle - She will be as right as rain in a week!!

NC :)

I dont really want to nip them though, my mam has her hands in detergents and water every day and i would hate to think she got an infection

She needs to wear rubber gloves if her hands are in and out of water every day or she could be fighting a losing battle even with the cuticle eraser and solar oil.

I have told her a thousand times, but she wont - bloody mothers eh?

maybe the aha cuticle eraser should be used in the morning rather than night? or is it pointless as it will wash off?

I would use it at night with the solar oil then get her to use a nail brush around the cuticle area in the morning to brush away any lose dead tissue and then put on the solar oil.

wots the diffrence between remover and eraser???

The Cuticle Remover removes the cuticle right away. It's a professional strength product that softens the cuticle making it easier to push back and scrape off during a manicure or nail enhancements.

The Cuticle Eraser is, well...an eraser. Think of it reversing the effects of overgrown cuticle and "erasing" it.

I would never retail Cuticle Remover to a client as it's WAY too strong. fyi - it's also great for softening calluses during a pedicure.

HTH

Carmen

um i've heard this before that cuticle remover does this do you just rub it in to the area you want to remove hard skin from or all over the feet ??

thanks guys x x x

can any one enlighten me on this please

make sure you don't nip/cut the eponychium, if you do then the skin will scar and get tougher, it's the body's way of repairing itself.

when using cuticle eraser and solar oil together they act as a shampoo and conditioner, the eraser micro-exfoliates and the solar oil conditions, used on a regular basis she'll definitely see a marked improvement. she might be better off using the oil in the evening as it will have the whole night to penetrate and do it's job :wink2:

kay welch said:
um i've heard this before that cuticle remover does this do you just rub it in to the area you want to remove hard skin from or all over the feet ??
Only on the calluses not on normal skin.

kay welch said:
can any one enlighten me on this please

Cuticle Remover is a professional product from CND, so not to be retailed at all. I use it during enhancement services (althoughat the mo I'm using Cuticle Eraser!), to soften and loosen cuticle from the nail plate.

As far as using it on callouses, it says to on the bottle! You would use it topically and make sure you rinse it off thoroughly. You shouldn't touch it with 'normal' bare skin due to the strength..... Sorry about the lack of science - brain's a bit fuzzy, but there is clever science about it!!!

HTH's

thanks guys I have got her using solar oil and cuticle eraser at night and solar oil again in the mornings. I got my nanna some solar oil and she has been using it at night for 3 weeks and her nails are looking fab. She said yesterday she cannot beleive how much better they are now

so would you just rub a bit on to the calluses and wait how long and wash of

kay welch said:
so would you just rub a bit on to the calluses and wait how long and wash of
Well they advise leaving the Spa Sea Serum on calusses for 5 minutes with the foot wrapped in a towel so I would think that the cuticle remover would be the same, then rub over the calluses with a callus remover tool and wash off thoroughly.HTH

I would definately advise using Cuticle Eraser on an evening followed by lashings of Solar oil left to do its work overnight, will work a treat!!
And to apply solar oil as often as she can remember through the day :)

Latest posts

Back