Cuticle Remover/Cuticle Away + Heat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkshakerrr

Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone know if it's appropriate to use warm mittens after applying CND Cuticle Remover/Cuticle Away and before doing the cuticle work? I read in a previous thread that the heat isn't necessary but my facilitate its work, but I'm not sure if that was in regard to CR or Cuticle Eraser. What I'm most concerned about is whether or not it may produce a burning sensation for the client.

Thanks!

It would be totally unnessecary to use warm mittens with Cuticle remover - as this is such a high concentration of Sodium hydroxide... it is only designed to be on for a short time while you are removing the cuticle - not only that you would then be applying it directly to the skin of the next client
Cuticle remover should always be washed off after use
This product is used primarily as preperation to further nail enhancement services.

Cuticle eraser however is a mild AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) and can be left on the skin, this combined with solar oil is a perfect moisture pack and should be recommended for home care - combined with warm mittens it would be a brilliant service for natural nails
Cuticle eraser is a homecare product to be massaged in and left on
This product is ideal for natural nail treatment and homecare

Hope that helps ;)

Muchas muchas muchas gracias, Envy! Very much appreciated. =)

Just to clarify, the way we do our basic manis, hands are massaged and cuticle softener is applied and hands are placed in warm mittens. Then cuticle work is done, the client washes her hands, and polish and SolarOil are applied. I was wondering initially if CR could be substituted for softener, but the high concentration of NaOH+heat didn't sound very safe! I have a vague memory of my high school chemistry teacher pouring some sort of liquid into a cup of regular ol' sodium hydroxide and the solution became very hot, and that would suck for a client... *eek*

Thanks again!

welcome - anytime

Latest posts

Back