Cutting smiles into welled tips - can I?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perls Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I seem to have accumulated rather a lot of french white tips with quite long wells/contact areas.

I want to make use of them even if just for practice and use on myself, but even with my long nail beds they are still a little too far down if I position them using the full contact area.

Is there any way, other than with curved scissors, that I can cut a new smile into them and make the contact area smaller (or cut if off all together) but leave a smoth professional smile? I thought I remembered seeing a tip cutter that could also cut new smile lines, but now can't seem to find anything about it anywhere!

Any suggestions of websites or specific tools that will do the job will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance geeks
L x

you can file them at a 45 degree angle to modify the well area.

tip cutters do sometimes say you can cut wells with them, its a question of doing it with the cutter at the correct angle, however ive never seen it work well. it gives a rather flat line and on smaller tips looks even flatter.

i find that if i want to modify the well area on white tips my electric file does the best job as it fits into the curve so well.

whichever way you do it if there are any ragged bits, you can smooth them out with a cotton bud moistened in acetone and smoothed lightly round the cut edge.

lot of faff though, i might be inclined to just buy some well less french tips, the pro- impressions ones are very good and very reasonably priced.

Latest posts

Back