Cystoscopy (camera in bladder) - anyone had this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenelopePitstop

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just got back from the hospital for the results of my ultrasound that i had 2 weeks ago due to having countless Uti's and having to take antibiotics on a monthly basis. i've been told i have to have a Cystoscopy (camera in the bladder) have to spend the day at the hospital, they do it with Topical anesthetic or a general, so i said i'll do it with the topical. i'm now worried about this as i'm not really sure what to expect.

has anyone had this, if so can you put my mind at rest that the procedure isn't that bad....sounds bloody awful!!!

Cheers Pen xxx

Hi,

I have had this procedure done in August 2004 because I was suffering from cystisis on a regular basis. I had a general though but only had to be at hospital for the day. They said they couldn't find anything wrong with me, apparantly it is just one of those things that women have to put up with. (I had a male doctor:mad: ).

I now keep it under control myself by making sure I drink plenty of water and go to the toilet as soon as I need a wee. So far I have only had it a few times if I stick to this.

I don't want to put you off but I wish someone would have told me this, that when you first go to the toilet after the procedure it bloody hurts (I can only describe it as weeing glass) but if I had been prepared for it I don't think it would have been as bad.

I hope everything goes well for you, let me know how you get on.

Clair x:Love:

i have had it done it was a little tiny bit sore afterwards not much really
and it was strange to see the inside of my bladder. don't be worried you will be fine:hug:

hiya

I had this done in april this year i went to sleep for the procedure and was sore for a while after
I had heard some horror stories but after a couple of days i was fine lost a bit of blood after and was shown some piccies of inside my bladder but other than that it was fine
Good luck with it and if you need a chat im here to help
hugs
Deb x

I had this done a few years ago and they did a biopsy on my kidneys at the same time. I had a general anesthetic and was fine afterwards. They found that I had uretha reflux where the urine goes back up the uretha from the bladder into the kidneys as I have a malformed valve which goes both ways and not just one as it should. This caused me megga problems with pregnancy too.

I just wanted to say thank you very much for your advice on this. i'm feeling slightly less nervous about it now. :hug:

Ta muchly Pen xxx

Latest posts

Back