Damaged hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Marie

Reaction score
I'm in need of some advice from you lovely hair geeks as I'm a nail tech and have no clue wen it comes to hair
I currently have a pixie cut dyed bright red with elumen by goldwell
I hardly straighten it only blow dry cuz it drips pink!
And it really dosent look in a good condition at all
What would you geeks recomend to make it look shiner and healthy without damaging my colour?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

Sounds good thankyou any ideas y it's so damaged I was told the dye I use is not bad for my hair like others ? Is this true any one who uses goldwell have any ideas?

Its most likely not the dye but the bleach you would have had to use before to lighten it? With red semi permanents you shouldnt have to bleach it white first, only to the orange stage to help protect the condition. Ask your hairdresser and see what strength peroxide they used as that can also affect condition, it shouldnt really be more than 6% on the scalp. Use conditioning treatments every time you wash, try to limit blowdrying or turn the heat down and carry on not using straighteners and you should see some improvement. Also using serum or smoothing cream on hair when its damp will help some of the frizziness and keep it looking more shiny and healthy.

Are you using any nourishing hair products or heat protection?

Xx

I'm using some straightening balm to stop my self straightening it but maby less blow drying could help yes she did use bleach actually but don't no how strong thanks for your recommends
How long do you think it will take to get back to normal
Should I keep getting it cut regularly
Sorry for all the questions

I'm in need of some advice from you lovely hair geeks as I'm a nail tech and have no clue wen it comes to hair
I currently have a pixie cut dyed bright red with elumen by goldwell
I hardly straighten it only blow dry cuz it drips pink!
And it really dosent look in a good condition at all
What would you geeks recomend to make it look shiner and healthy without damaging my colour?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

Try Argan oil it's fantastic! X

Yeah keep getting regular trims, definitely check what percentage developer is being used as it can be the difference between healthy and damaged hair

Thanks for your replys I'll give everything a try xx

Latest posts

Back