damaged nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmicbabe

Reaction score
At college i was a model for nall extencens and the gril who did it damege my nail when doing the prep work, a month a go. there is now a black line strat a cross the nail and i don't know what to do? plesae can someone help ?:cry:

Not much you can do really apart from keep the nail short and apply
cuticle oil everyday. the damage should eventually grow out.

i have seen this before. a lady come to me and when i looked it was like a small line of blood under the nail that had changed to black. this may of been is she filed your nail to thin and insted of it coming through i think it may be like a blood blistery thing.
hers graduly faded and grew out, but i advised her not to go back to the tec incase it got worse but to keep them manicured, oiled.
**tell the girl what happened so she can learn from this, as everyone does something whilst training. and hopefuly in no time she will be a great tec like many others xx

i have seen this before. a lady come to me and when i looked it was like a small line of blood under the nail that had changed to black. this may of been is she filed your nail to thin and insted of it coming through i think it may be like a blood blistery thing.
hers graduly faded and grew out, but i advised her not to go back to the tec incase it got worse but to keep them manicured, oiled.
**tell the girl what happened so she can learn from this, as everyone does something whilst training. and hopefuly in no time she will be a great tec like many others xx

What you are describing sounds like a splinter haemorrhage. These run up the nail plate, not across (forgive me if I have misunderstood)

These are caused by trauma to the nail bed, so yes aggressive filling could cause this, as could a bang to your finger.

sorry i didnt explain properly.
what my client had was going across the nail but your comment sounds more than likly.
thank you- another thing ive learnt today:)

Latest posts

Back