Dark hair to ginger ombré, some advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjs78

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client in Wednesday. She has natural dark hair base 4. She wants to go ginger ombré faded from blonde ends.
I can't say I've been asked to do ginger ombré before and I would just like a little advice on what you guys would use to achieve this. I was thinking 12/03 wella through mid lengths and bleach with 6% through ends, or would you stick with bleach with 3% or lower peroxide through mid lengths and watch?
Hope I've explained clearly :)

Sorry forgot to add pictures client had sent of what her hair is now and the ginger ombré she wants :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372596328.955147.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372596328.955147.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6,556
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372596337.216543.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372596337.216543.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 425
So does she want "ginger" ombré and where would she like the blonde? Is her hair coloured or natural, if its natural a 12/03 would just bring it a warm blonde not ginger. I would possibly do your ombré as normal with low strength bleach and then tone with coppery colours as I don't think the /03 will be enough

I've done this using 6% wella blondor is really good to lighten hair I recommend ignorant royal selection for copper base colours

Oh thanks guys, yes I did wonder if 12/03 would be enough but I thought with the natural red it may be. Her hair is completely natural and she would like the blonde on the ends so it blends into the ginger then into the natural.
So maybe bleach + 3%, right through, then copper through mid lengths and toner on ends?

A second toner to bring out the blonde.
Rock hair; I've never used igora colours, would I need extra products to use as a toner or 3% do?

Thanks for your advice guys, I always get worried about asking as I feel I should know :-/ sometimes wish I was still in a salon where you can throw ideas off each other.

This is exactly what's client is after :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372618683.937630.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372618683.937630.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 4,504
Gingers not really a very good description in fairness.

I'm quoting what the client asked for.

I would do quite a flat base 5 fading into a 7 maybe 7/37 + wee bit 7/4 and then bleach out ends and tone

Great advice thankyou :)

I the client is naturally a base 4 I wouldn't interfere with that. The whole point of ombré it that it looks naturally grown out. So work with her natural. Apply your copper shade at the desired point and blend the blonde through the ends

Yes I did think I would leave her natural colour then start mid length with the copper (prob 7/4 + 7/37 as suggested by xxlindaymxx) using two levels of peroxide to blend, then into blonde at ends. :)

Hi just looking at the pic you first put up I'd say its more a caramel colour
I'd say start with 20vol with bleach if she's a 4 base, start at the back and careful to only shade from your starting point and increase the the intensity towards the ends. For timing you can up your vol for the sides when back is complete so your not over processing.
Follow up with a toner maybe an 8/3 wella color touch if she wants golden tones in there. This pic may help you determine your highlight hue for future reference ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372663645.466592.jpg

Latest posts

Back