Dark spots on skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookieface

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can give me done advice on dark spots, I have just returned from a week in Egypt and I look like I have a beard, I have dark patches and its awful, I have suffered with this in the past but it seems worse this time, I always use SPF 30 to but still get the dark spots, they will go eventually as my tan fades but can I stop them at all?

Hi Hon...if you take steroids then this can cause the skin to become pigmentated like this when in the sun...even some of the mild asthma inhalers that contain a low dose can eventually affect the skin, also antibiotics, strong exfoliating products, I would also say that the best factor for Egypt would be an spf50.....all a bit late now I know! They will fade as you say, and you could always try micro dermabrasion to get rid of any remaining marks...just be super careful with the sun afterwards xxxx

I get it when I tan too - on my top lip! It looks like a moustache - why can't it be on my arm or somewhere!!!

I think its called hyper pigmentation but I haven't looked into much further xx

I got sick when I was away and was put in some really strong antibiotics so maybe that was it, people keep asking me why my skin is patchy and it's really embarrassing also I suffer quite badly with spots and at the moment have some really painful ones around my hair line on my neck, I'm 39 and still getting zits it ridiculous, the doctors have tried everything apart from riacutane! All very depressing I must say, especially when I'm a nail tech and need to look non spotty!

To remove dark spots form your skin you can use lemon juice it is a good bleaching agent. Apply lemon juice directly on dark spots and leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it with cold water, repeat this process daily up to 1 month. Alternatively apply yoghourt on your face and leave it for all night, you will see result in 1 week.

It sounds like Melasma. The sun highlights the problem and it usually fades when the tan has gone. I suffer from it on my top lip, nose and cheeks. Mine is from sun damage but I think other things can cause it such as hormones and medicines.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back