Darkening blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well she's now decided she doesn't want any dark put in! Lol x

Well she's now decided she doesn't want any dark put in! Lol x

how funny 😊
Least you no for the next client that wants it! Hehe x

Not the first client I was talking about, this is another one (it hasn't been finished or straightened) sorry the lighting isn't very good x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384020458.735430.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384020550.745405.jpg
(Again I haven't finished it so that's why it's flicking to one side lol)

That looks really nice & natural! X

It looks really gorgeous!!!

A porosity balancer might be an idea on very blonde porous hair if your adding a darker shade.

I cannot find a porosity balancer in any of the wholesalers around me! Annoying! Lol x

Goldwell do a structure balance spray. Can be used before any colour and doesn't need to be dried before you start colour, its on salons direct website under goldwell. :) I love it and it smells amazing!!!!

Well she has messaged me saying it has all faded out and gone a greyish colour, so I will have to go and re-do it all :-( I hate darkening blondes x

It does actually look abit grey! I think it's the dark colour that's faded out and left it grey ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384361214.687064.jpg

Well she has messaged me saying it has all faded out and gone a greyish colour, so I will have to go and re-do it all :-( I hate darkening blondes x

I hate darkening blondes too.. I always explain to my clients that darkening blonde (especially by just two or three shades) can be as hard as lifting dark brown to blonde! I tell them that it's the same in that it's a gradual process as you need to fill the hair with pigment.. Have you retailed her treatments or oil to help with condition of hair? Does she use a decent shampoo and conditioner? Hopefully she's not using something like head and shoulders or Pantene lol x

I hate darkening blondes too.. I always explain to my clients that darkening blonde (especially by just two or three shades) can be as hard as lifting dark brown to blonde! I tell them that it's the same in that it's a gradual process as you need to fill the hair with pigment.. Have you retailed her treatments or oil to help with condition of hair? Does she use a decent shampoo and conditioner? Hopefully she's not using something like head and shoulders or Pantene lol x

She does use good shampoos and conditioners and does treatments on her hair as well. I told her I will go back and go over the dark bits for her. She was very grateful as I said I'll do it free of charge. I want to make sure my clients are happy so I'm always happy to go back and rectify it x

Yesterday I had a young girl come in with a snapped fringe and she asked me to darken the top, she had been doing her hair every three weeks with a platinum box dye, she wanted to keep as much blonde as possible and didn't want to be dark but didn't want to be blonde anymore! This is how it turned out and I know it's going to fade so quickly because her hair is so porous! Blondes can be a nightmare x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384726196.654276.jpg

That looks lovely, what colour did you use? X

That looks lovely, what colour did you use? X

Thank you :) I use matrix and I used a 6mocha on the very roots and and 8mocha to blend around where it meets the blonde :) xx

Looks lovley xx

Latest posts

Back