Dashing Diva Dilemma....please advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondgirl

Reaction score
Hey Guys n Girls...........
Again I am needing some advice from you lovely geeks if you wouldnt mind:hug:..........

I have just purchased Dashing Diva French Wraps and cannot tell you how excited I am about using them as I will be the first to admit that my french polish is not to die for lol...havent had chance to practice yet but going to be trying them on myself tonight whoop whoop.........

Anyway I have a client booked in for a french manicure and I would like to offer her DD instead of regular polish.......The thing is she has really long nails and am just wondering even if I apply the thicker smile line they wont cover her natural smile line....so how do I get around this?? without being disrespectful to her she is quite fussy and I know that shell make the comment that she can see her natural smile line below the DD smile line.................

So am I right in thinking that DD can only be used on clients that have a short free edge?? I do hope not .....

I hope all that makes sense

Thanks Loads in advance and any advice greatly appreciated

x

You could paint the nail a color
like a cover pink but a polish and then put dd on top ,

Or you could put them on and do a puny color over them like an American manicure look,
use the wider size though,

You could paint the nail a color
like a cover pink but a polish and then put dd on top ,

Or you could put them on and do a puny color over them like an American manicure look,
use the wider size though,

Thankyou Mizzy_dizzy wasnt aware that you could do this thought it might stop the DD from adhering to the nail plate.......

So would I just go up to the smile line then if putting on polish before DD or would I wait and polish up to the smile line after DD has been applied?

If you say to put DD on after polish does this then mean I would apply the base over the polish??

Sorry I ask far too many questions lol

Thankyou for advice so far
:)

I've used shellac to color the whole nail first then I did the DD and then more shellac I had really good sucsess with that,

Some polishes are better than others for staying power but I think if you cleaned the nail ect use a really good base like sticky or toughen up applyed a cream color the the whole nail then the DD carefully buff the DD with out touching the polish and top coat that shuld work, it wouldn't really be all that diffrent to sticking gems or something on to polish, if anything DD it thiner and more likely to stay ,

Or apply it normaly and then go over the top with a pink ish color , for the amrerican mani look, (I like this look)

It all seems like alot to go through because the lady has long nails honey , wouldn't it be better just to do French polish? There was a really good vid on here few days ago doing a French using a chisled edge brush looked alot easyer,

do you use shellac? As that's fab for learning French as you can mess with it till your happy it won't dry or cure till you put it in the light , giving you time to get it right

and it won't damage her long nails,Win win

I've used shellac to color the whole nail first then I did the DD and then more shellac I had really good sucsess with that,

Some polishes are better than others for staying power but I think if you cleaned the nail ect use a really good base like sticky or toughen up applyed a cream color the the whole nail then the DD carefully buff the DD with out touching the polish and top coat that shuld work, it wouldn't really be all that diffrent to sticking gems or something on to polish, if anything DD it thiner and more likely to stay ,

Or apply it normaly and then go over the top with a pink ish color , for the amrerican mani look, (I like this look)

It all seems like alot to go through because the lady has long nails honey , wouldn't it be better just to do French polish? There was a really good vid on here few days ago doing a French using a chisled edge brush looked alot easyer,

do you use shellac? As that's fab for learning French as you can mess with it till your happy it won't dry or cure till you put it in the light , giving you time to get it right

and it won't damage her long nails,Win win

Thankyou so much for all of the advice........I would love to use shellac but cannot buy it for love nor money at the mo have been trying for weeks but no stock :-(..........................

I did end up just doing a french with polish for this particular client.........I was just a tad excited about trying the DD LOL
X

Well all the Shellac is in stock right now so if you are interested better jump quickly!!! lol

When you say it is all in stock, why is the website showing no basecoat and still no lamp even visable?

Gigi said all Shellac. She never mentioned the lamp. The base coat was in stock today. I guess you just need to be quicker next time.

Well all the Shellac is in stock right now so if you are interested better jump quickly!!! lol

:confused:...Ive been ringing S2 every single day until they told me that they will contact me by email as soon as stock arrives (think they were getting fed up with me :lol:)..........Had no email at all so far logged on again and still no stock rang them and they said stock hasnt come in and dont know when it will??????....Im miffed

I was asked if I would like to be emailed and Of course I said yes but I didn't get one eitherwhen the base coat came in!!!!

Im waiting for the shellac salon rack and the lamp to come back in stock also as I need it for the course I have booked on in a couple of weeks

You should still be able to do your course without a kit you just use the trainers. That is what I did as I wanted to see it before I bought it and there were a few of us without kit.
It looks very good!!

Latest posts

Back