Day 1 after course need help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am also new to EE but am finding this site really useful. My main worry is taping down the lower lashes and I have been using micropore and then pads. I de-tack but my friends do find it a little uncomfortable when removing and so is it OK to put the pads on first, and then a little bit of micropore on the pad to catch any stragglers? Thanks. x

I used to use tape but all my clients have said its the worsed part of the treatment taking the micropore off (i do detack it) so i now use just the pads if the are any lashes sticking out i tuck them under with my tweezers before i start. Also if you gently lift and stroke the lashes with your wooden stick every now and again this ensures none are stuck throughout the treatment. i still occasionally get the odd one stuck but its no different with or without the micropore if you get you position right with the pads.

Thanks everyone for your help, have done 2 now.

And im cutting the tape in half de-tacking the tape keeping the lashes down with micro-pore then putting a gel pad on for comfort!!

I pulled them off myself and i am the biggest wimp going, so far the 2 i've done have found it fine so fingers crossed i can keep doing it this way, as otherwise im breaking a sweat before i've even isolated a lash haha!!

Thanks for all you wonderful advice!!

xx

This is something I really struggled with when I first started and I actually used to break out in a sweat while I was trying to get the lashes taped down.

I was a total wreck before I even started lashing.:eek:

Through trial and error, I've now found the perfect method for me which takes me about 30 seconds! I'll try to explain as best I can.

I use micropore tape first. I actually use a craft knife to cut around the roll of tape and this gives you a half width of tape (much more comfortable for the client)

I tear off 4 lengths (4 or 5cm) and stick them to the back of my hand.
I fold the end of 2 of them over a little bit (this gives you a "tab" to lift at the end)

I ask the client to pull their bottom lid down SLIGHTLY and look up (as if they were getting eye drops in) This REALLY helps.

I tape the lashes down from the outer corner to the midde going down at an angle (remember to put your little folded tab at the outer corner)

Then do the same from the inner corner to the middle so both pieces make a gentle "V" shape.

I then put the pads on top well below the wet line of the eye. I still use pads as think it's an nice treatment for the client, I use it to wipe any excess glue and it acts as a little cushion when I am using my tweezers to isolate.

May be a bit longwinded but hope this helps the newbies. I feel your pain!

LOL xx

I found this thread before you posted it, and i was like "genius" haha

It is working wonderfully on my case studies!!

Thank you thank you thank you

Which is the most popular EE training provider atm & products...??

Hi Used to have the same problem I think everyone does, the problem with the gel pads arecthey don't exactly fit every eye shape and almost all my clients have some discomfort from them so I don't bother and then I moved on to micropore tape which was ok but the BEST is transpore tape (I get mine from lash base but I'm sure other places do it) it's breathable easier to get off and less stragglers now I have no problems I also stick a lint free pad to my hand to wipe excess glue this also helps . Susan x

Latest posts

Back