Day 1 after course need help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fake.it

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Hope you can all help

I did my EE course yesterday and it went well, so came home to practice on my bf, he said the gel pads were hurting in one eye, and when i looked his gel pad was all wet, i assume from waterie eyes. so i took it off and gave up.

So today i have ago on my best friend, gel pads go on fine, getting the eyelashes isolated nicely and they were going on great. (which i was struggling with yesterday) so i was really happy, then i tried to lift her eye to check none were stuck, and a couple were stuck to her bottom lash, so i was using the remover but because it was on the bottom lash her eyes were stinging abit, anyway get that sorted, then put another one on, and was holding it up to support its position with my tweezers, went to lift them up!! stuck to her eyelid!! So it was a complete disaster thing i got 12 on in an hour!!!

Now im too scared to practice on anyone, just incase i do it again.
I think my main issue is the gel pad but i cant see how to do it, as think it was put too close in the eye with my bf, then not enough on my friend hence them sticking to the bottom. and cant get them to stay in place even with tape on them!!

Really worried that im just totally rubbish, or if its normal to have all these issues.

Any advice would be sooooo greatfully recieved.

Thanks guys
Beth xxx

For this reason and others I dont use the gel sticky pads with a lint back (I assume these are the ones you are using).
I use micropore tape to tape the lower lashes out of the way and then use a gel pad (just gel no stickyness) more for relaxation and to dab off excess glue than to keep lashes down.
Every now and then I may get one or two lashes caught, but I dont use remove to unstick them. I just gently get hold of each lash with the tweezers and pull apart.
Dont give up, this is a tricky treatment, but with practice everything will fall into place.
x

For this reason and others I dont use the gel sticky pads with a lint back (I assume these are the ones you are using).
I use micropore tape to tape the lower lashes out of the way and then use a gel pad (just gel no stickyness) more for relaxation and to dab off excess glue than to keep lashes down.
Every now and then I may get one or two lashes caught, but I dont use remove to unstick them. I just gently get hold of each lash with the tweezers and pull apart.
Dont give up, this is a tricky treatment, but with practice everything will fall into place.
x

Thanks for your advice! just looked at the gel pads they say "eye gel pads Lint & Paraben free"
So the micropore tape do you take the tackiness off first? and it doesnt rip out any lashes? thats what im scared of! So you just stick them down in a long line of tape? sorry i must sound sooo stupid!
Its so hard i really want to be able to do it! and was so excited thing everything was going well until i couldnt get her to open her eyes! But i stayed so calm i really surprised myself so thumps up for that lol!
Did you struggle first of all?

Thank you x

The pads can be a bit fiddly, are you getting people to look up when you apply them? Maybe practice over and over until you are happy (getting boyf to look up, place pads covering all the lower lashes and get him to close, then open to check if they are still covered). They are a little awkward as you don't want to poke people eyes but keep trying until your happy with the placement, moving it around different angles too until you know you've covered the lower lashes. Once you've mastered it the people will have their eyes closed and barely notice although it does feel strange when you first put them on. Hth

The pads I use are collagen anti-wrinkle pads and are already wet when applied so I think you use different ones to me.
I sometimes remove tackiness-depending on the client, then I use 2 strips of tape placing along outer edge to middle in a slight slant and then inner corner to middle again at a slight slant. I then place the gel pad lower down. As said, I dont use the pad to keep the lower lashes down, that job is left solely to the tape.
As said above, get your client to look up when applying the pad and dont be afraid to move it about a bit to make sure all lower lashes are covered (you can even use tape and your pads to be doubly sure if you want).
I personally dont like them, as if the clients eyes water a little, it makes the pad get all wet and soggy along the lash line and then lashes stick to it and blobs of gel stick to the lashes. Way to much of a faff for me and they are not cheap to buy.
In answer to your question, yes, I did struggle a little at first as I am sure most lash techs did. Its a fiddley treatment, but once you have mastered it you'll be flying along.
x

The pads can be a bit fiddly, are you getting people to look up when you apply them? Maybe practice over and over until you are happy (getting boyf to look up, place pads covering all the lower lashes and get him to close, then open to check if they are still covered). They are a little awkward as you don't want to poke people eyes but keep trying until your happy with the placement, moving it around different angles too until you know you've covered the lower lashes. Once you've mastered it the people will have their eyes closed and barely notice although it does feel strange when you first put them on. Hth

Hi thanks for your message, yeah get them to look up, I think i will try with the tap aswell! just scared to pull it off after! but will keep playing around with them! My friend didnt find that they hurt, but then her lashes were poking out so maybe thats why??

Thanks x

The pads I use are collagen anti-wrinkle pads and are already wet when applied so I think you use different ones to me.
I sometimes remove tackiness-depending on the client, then I use 2 strips of tape placing along outer edge to middle in a slight slant and then inner corner to middle again at a slight slant. I then place the gel pad lower down. As said, I dont use the pad to keep the lower lashes down, that job is left solely to the tape.
As said above, get your client to look up when applying the pad and dont be afraid to move it about a bit to make sure all lower lashes are covered (you can even use tape and your pads to be doubly sure if you want).
I personally dont like them, as if the clients eyes water a little, it makes the pad get all wet and soggy along the lash line and then lashes stick to it and blobs of gel stick to the lashes. Way to much of a faff for me and they are not cheap to buy.
In answer to your question, yes, I did struggle a little at first as I am sure most lash techs did. Its a fiddley treatment, but once you have mastered it you'll be flying along.
x

Yeah mine are like really gel on the otherside, so maybe similair.

I am going to try tonight with the tape, how do you remove it, like what direction and do you hold the lashes etc. Yeah i had one lash stick to the pad as there was too much adhesive.

Its so annoying not even being able to get the first step right especially as the lashes are going on well.

Thanks for your help
x

Anyone tell me how to remove the tape without pulling off bottom lashes??

Sorry, just eager to have ago now :D

The tape will not pull off the bottom lashes.
Just pull from the outside and hold the skin taut. Some may find it s little uncomfortable, but t only takes seconds to remove.
If there are any upper lashes stuck to the tape, gently pull them apart first before removing the tape.

The tape will not pull off the bottom lashes.
Just pull from the outside and hold the skin taut. Some may find it s little uncomfortable, but t only takes seconds to remove.
If there are any upper lashes stuck to the tape, gently pull them apart first before removing the tape.

thankyou sooooo much!! am going to try on myself and see how i get on!!

Some pads are better than others as well - I find, some ooze slightly, I'd agree defo get your client to look up when applying and in the beginning until your confident ask them to open the eye every few lashes - I've been doing EE for 2 and a half years and still occasionally get them stuck to lower lashes, but i tend to gently prise them apart with tweezers as it can really sting to use remover.

After you've done a few sets, you'll wonder what you was worried about - honest x

Some pads are better than others as well - I find, some ooze slightly, I'd agree defo get your client to look up when applying and in the beginning until your confident ask them to open the eye every few lashes - I've been doing EE for 2 and a half years and still occasionally get them stuck to lower lashes, but i tend to gently prise them apart with tweezers as it can really sting to use remover.

After you've done a few sets, you'll wonder what you was worried about - honest x

Thanks Kaz, i will definately use tweezers to get them unstuck, do you just pull through the 2 lashes from the eye side? (obviously lol) sorry!!

I hope so, just got to keep going, every mistake i make i definately learn something everytime so not all is lost!!

My poor case studies :o

in the beginning until your confident ask them to open the eye every few lashes

I would definitely advise against this. Opening eyes in the middle of the treatment will allow the glue fumes to rush into the clients' eyes and they will water. Once eyes are watering it is hard for the client to stop and also tricky for you to apply as the lash line will be wet.

not that experienced in this yet but I just waned to say how lucky you are to have a bf who will let you practice on him. My hubby won't let me anywhere near him and I'm dying to hotwax his nostrils! :D

sorry, I use a medical grade fume free glue so is quite safe to open the eye throughout, x

not that experienced in this yet but I just waned to say how lucky you are to have a bf who will let you practice on him. My hubby won't let me anywhere near him and I'm dying to hotwax his nostrils! :D

Haha yes but he whinged the whole time!! :lick:

x

I did it!!! no lashes came out and it didnt hurt!! Thankyou all so much :D

Check out YouTube aswell for extra pointers, some good vids on there that helped me loads as my course was a bit pants. :)

Anyone tell me how to remove the tape without pulling off bottom lashes??

Sorry, just eager to have ago now :D

I was told to take off the tackiness of the micropore by sticking it to the back of your hand and removing a couple times before applying it to the clients lashes -obviously make sure your hands are thoroughly clean first - Not really certain this is altogether 100% hygienic but none of my ladies have lost an eye up to now.

Keep persevering hun, its a fiddly treatment and its an art, practice makes perfect x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

This is something I really struggled with when I first started and I actually used to break out in a sweat while I was trying to get the lashes taped down.

I was a total wreck before I even started lashing.:eek:

Through trial and error, I've now found the perfect method for me which takes me about 30 seconds! I'll try to explain as best I can.

I use micropore tape first. I actually use a craft knife to cut around the roll of tape and this gives you a half width of tape (much more comfortable for the client)

I tear off 4 lengths (4 or 5cm) and stick them to the back of my hand.
I fold the end of 2 of them over a little bit (this gives you a "tab" to lift at the end)

I ask the client to pull their bottom lid down SLIGHTLY and look up (as if they were getting eye drops in) This REALLY helps.

I tape the lashes down from the outer corner to the midde going down at an angle (remember to put your little folded tab at the outer corner)

Then do the same from the inner corner to the middle so both pieces make a gentle "V" shape.

I then put the pads on top well below the wet line of the eye. I still use pads as think it's an nice treatment for the client, I use it to wipe any excess glue and it acts as a little cushion when I am using my tweezers to isolate.

May be a bit longwinded but hope this helps the newbies. I feel your pain!

LOL xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back