DBS check (prev. CRB)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JodiFox

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had a search but can't find what I'm looking for.

Been qual. since 2009. I have a good client base and I have been repeatably asked about pamper parties for children.
At the moment, I don't provide treatments for under 16's - except ear piercing with consent.

I'm now considering the pamper parties, and would like to do treatments for under 16's, but obviously want everything in place first.

Insurance have said under 16's with consent is fine, but I assume I need a DBS check, formerly known as a CRB.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get one? I had one before when I worked in a nursery but they did it all for me.
I've been on the gov.uk website but can't make sense of it.

Thanks in advance and sorry if it doesn't make sense, tired and ill :zzz: xo

Having a look now x

Hi, I actually do these as a full time job!

Disclosure Scotland is for anyone in the UK. Its a basic check but is different to a DBS.

DBS are standard or enhanced checks for people in specific job roles. You have to be eligible to apply for one of these. A beautician would not be classed as someone who is eligible as technically if you work with children you should be supervised (by a parent etc) I don't think you will be able to get a DBS check unless you lied about your job role but that appears on your certificate.

I think Disclosure Scotland is the way to go. Google it rather than go through that link, you'll find companies that will apply for it for you you just fill in the form and send them your ID :)

I would check that you actually need one before you go ahead. You will be with children with a parent responsible - you won't be alone with children at any time. It may be something you need, but do check first.

I enquired about this and was bluntly told no you don't need O'Neill even went through all possible scenarios and was still told no. I then asked if I could just get them done for staff anyway and was told no.

Thanks for your replies.

I've got some clients that want their daughters to come after school.

I thought it would be unnecessary but I like to make sure I have my back covered. I will just say they need to be present.

Xx

Sent from my C5303 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you use the disclosure Scotland one its so easy to do and only costs £25 for a basic check. If you have someone do it for you they generally charge in the region of £200!!!
Why I don't know because its so easy to do and takes no time at all. Robbers.

Latest posts

Back