DD, how long can they last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
The DD I am wearing will be 4 weeks old on Tuesday. It has no gel overlay, its just natural and i am so impressed with it. I have had a client who said they "all fell off" after a couple of days.

Whats the longest your client can go before having it removed and reapplied?

Oh what a nice change to read your post instead of those who moan about peeling off or whatever. Likeyou, I haven't had any problems but 3 weeks is enough for me and realistic.

lol Someone said to me the other day, "You always blame the tech or the clients for bad product performance", but I'm afraid it is the TRUTH; they are the two greaest variables when so many have great results. If allot have great reesults then anyone can have the same results if they have good clients and if they themselves do the job competently.

Dashing diva! It is fantastic for a natural nail French manicure. I have a question for dashing divas out there..... When applying to nn and the shape is oval, what would you advise. I have only ever applied to a more square nail, and would it fit right on oval could you file it without ruining. Hope this makes sense if not forgive me, very tired and curious as mother in law coming tomorrow for them to be done

Oh, thank you. You were talking about Dashing Diva's "French wrap"!!!

Dashing diva! It is fantastic for a natural nail French manicure. I have a question for dashing divas out there..... When applying to nn and the shape is oval, what would you advise. I have only ever applied to a more square nail, and would it fit right on oval could you file it without ruining. Hope this makes sense if not forgive me, very tired and curious as mother in law coming tomorrow for them to be done

I would just shape them oval, and you can file them it doesn't ruin the look as I have done that on my own nails and mine will be two weeks old tomorrow and they still look fab. I love them.

I would just shape them oval, and you can file them it doesn't ruin the look as I have done that on my own nails and mine will be two weeks old tomorrow and they still look fab. I love them.

Thank for that! Fingers crossed she doesn't moan, like everything else that I do:lol: Would you go for the wider one and have it hanging over(if that makes sense) so you can file all excess at free edge?????? so as to get the shape???

Thank for that! Fingers crossed she doesn't moan, like everything else that I do:lol: Would you go for the wider one and have it hanging over(if that makes sense) so you can file all excess at free edge?????? so as to get the shape???

Yes I would go for the wider one but it depends on how long her natural nails are. Just be sure to glue the natural nail as well as the DD before you apply so that it adheres well. I always pinch in the corners of the smile line for a few seconds as the glue is setting to make sure the corners are stuck down properly. Good luck and keep me posted on how they turned out.:)

Luckily she cancelled at the last minute, so I did my own:). I'm now doing them Wednesday, which is when my nan is having them done. My nan has bad ridges in her nails so any tips would be more than welcome:green:
My mother-in-law has very long natural nails and it would be a shame to file down the length. My nans nails are long but are very weak and split easily so DD is great for her. I have found that wearing DD has given my nails a bit of help and protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back