De-activate Salon Geek account?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking to see where I de activate my salon geek account but not found how to !!! Any ideas ? X

Aww, don't leave, why are you wanting to go ?

I know there's been a bit of shenanigans lately, but please rethink :) you can't deactivate anyway, you just have to not log in (I know this because I thought of if too a few months back). Would totally regret it if I had been able to. Hugs xx

Ah bless you ! I find it all gets too heavy ! If I'm not a member I won't feel the need to fight my corner! :D

It's sooo frustrating to see people being rail roaded into thinking one way !!!

I've been off for past year and coming back seems like I've come to war!
Hopefully things will settle, try give it another go 😊xx

Stick around. Just read for a while or have a break and come back in a few days, weeks time.

There is a LOT of really good info here on SG and it would be a shame to exclude yourself from that. I know that if you are as passionate about nails as I am, it's hard to read some things here or posts from those that don't share your enthusiasm.

Please rethink.

pleeeeeease stay, stay on chitchat for a bit and lets just have a laugh xx

I know what you mean some things I read really put me off posting on here tbh:-/ and it's a shame cos I love reading the helpful information on here, try n stick at it n look at the positives n ignore the bits where it gets so heated! Xx

Advice taken on board ! X:D

I've thought about deactivating a bit lately. Threads seem filled with moaning... Saying that tonight's been better!

I think I've got to learn not to get so involved :D

Oh and the moaning !!! :Scared:

I contemplated it too, it's so tense on here at the moment. There's no need for it. I've just not bothered clicking into the controversial topics as they're getting a bit tiresome now! Stay - we're not all here for bashing other people down 😊💕 xx

Sometimes its worth just spending a lil time in chit chat area... Thats what I did when I had a boa moment ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think 'being railroaded into thinking one way' is an excellent way to put it.
There's a lack of sympathy into others point of view at times. I've written lots of posts then deleted them before posting as I know I'll be shot down.
There's also a frustrating ability by some to read things into posts that aren't there. I've gone back through a thread and thought 'what, where did anyone say that'??
Sometimes you read replies and feel like you've been belittled.
I've been abused by DM too and wanted to leave a while ago.
But if nothing else it's though provoking and entertaining if you can not let it wind you up.

Advice taken on board ! X:D

I have also thought about leaving, some of the threads on here recently have been awful so bitchy! But last night I read an awful one and laughed! Like others have said its a shame as I for one have taken valuable information from here and have also asked for advice which has been well received. Xx

Although we have a report button for any posts which you may find offensive or out of line, you always have the freedom of choice of whether to log into Salon Geek or just to simply take a break for a while and avoid logging in until you have decided its time to step back in again.

That said, if anyone feels that strongly that they would prefer their account is disabled, then there is a Contact Us button at the bottom of the page, although I would discourage anyone from using it unless they're absolutely sure that's the right course of action for them.

In the meantime and like many other forums really, there are moments of heated debate and discussion where not everyone will agree with each other. As a gentle reminder though, one of the golden rules of this site is to "Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you".

Last edited:
Just read the bits you want to and ignore the rest, can't let the moaning and railroading get to you. If I can't handle it I just won't go there.

I jus laugh at the ones that get so uptight about how right they are, and there sarcy comments. 😉 they have nowt better to do then shoot people down on a salon forum x

I have also been upset by the recent posts going on. But saying that I had a problem last week in work and put it on here and people were so helpful and it made such a difference to my work.
Salon geek is a great forum when it is used correctly.

Latest posts

Back