Decorating the top of UV lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShannonU

Reaction score
Hello lovelies,

As most of you know I use Gelish mostly but use YN synergy gel for enhancements so have a separate lamp for it. Just last night I had an interview in a lovely salon and I am super excited! My question is this---i've seen other people post about having covered their UV lamps to decorate them?? Carl Anderson had posted about his lamp and he used a zebra print design and i'm wondering if those are vinyl decals or if anyone knows what could be good to use?

My lamp is nice but has a silly acetone spill spot and I can't stand the way it looks because of it. If someone remembers the thread where people had posted the pictures of decorating their lamp or know what would be good to get that full coverage design, please let me know!!

Thanks a lot!
xoxo.

I'd like to know as well. My CND lamp has an acetone spill on top of it which is really ugly in my opinion. I bet we could decorate them with duct tape. You can get decorative duct tape in all kinds of designs here. They even come in sheets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I have been looking for something like this to customise my desk lamp

Just found this. Exactly what you were saying about the duct tape! Super excited.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366388526.542734.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366388526.542734.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 273
I ended up getting the pink zebra. Will go home and apply it now and post a photo!!

duct tape sheets? I didn't know those existed! fabulous idea :)

there's another mobile tech in my area that has covered her lamp with her nail art designs. It started as a way to cover a discolouration. But it's a great conversation starter and means she doesn't have to carry around a bunch of colour pops :)

It didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked but I think it'll be okay? Does it look unprofessional?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366392208.858398.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366392208.858398.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 301
I got these of eBay they are for walls etc

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366393585.733456.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366393585.733456.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 232
It didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked but I think it'll be okay? Does it look unprofessional?

That's a real shame because if it wasn't as bubbled it would look super smart! It still looks good though.
I did mine zebra print using fablon when it got tatty looking and everyone loved it! but after a while that started to look tatty and it was so nice to get a new white lamp. Lol :)

I will just get a new lamp now. Arg. lol. I hate that it bubbled!

I seen something for cars and windows that would be perfect! eBay has loads of car/window decals it might be worth having a look? Also you can get personalised ones so could even get your salon/business name on it? Xx

Thank you Rachel!

Latest posts

Back