Defo switching from Shellac (CND) to iLac (INK London)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi blossom, i have both, even a bit of gelish too! i can´t afford to get all shellacs colours so i stock normally around 10, my plan is to add maybe 25 ilac(currently have 13) in more unusual colours then i stop losing clients cos my range is pants

So what is the difference between the hybrid and the all in one? x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

hi, the hybrid is like shellac, the all-in-one is a new thing, just 2 colour coats, the base and top are in with the colour, perfect if you ever get clients that are in a rush, 10-15 mins and they are out the door, i charge 15 for the all-in-one and 22 for the normal gel polish, happy days

Thanks for that, do they both last well? x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
hi, yes so far they have lasted as expected, i put their i-8 pink neon on 20 days ago and removed it earlier, my nails grow fast and they were beginning to look stupid, thats what got the bee in my bonnet it took just 8 mins to remove and no filing.

constructor gels i asked about but they told me they pulled them temporarily until they receive their eu safety report, they are big, cocky even on the fact they make their stuff in europe and they contain none of the prohibited stuff the americans use

Weird that on their website it states that the All in One Gel Polish has the same timing for LED and UV curing. Anyone got an LED that has a 120 second timer???

yep, i do! 10sec,30sec,60sec, 120sec! tbh 1 minute each coat is enough under the led, problem with led lamps in general is you don´t know what your getting, i have used 12w led lamps that cure something in 30secs then other 12w led lamps that that 2 mins, there are a lot of ponly led lamps out there, forgive my cockney french:green:

hi blossom, i have both, even a bit of gelish too! i can´t afford to get all shellacs colours so i stock normally around 10, my plan is to add maybe 25 ilac(currently have 13) in more unusual colours then i stop losing clients cos my range is pants

maddynails, do you layer your Shellac colours to make new ones? You can probably get far more than 10 colours out of the 10 bottles - i know that's not what the thread's about lol but just wondered x

yep, i do! 10sec,30sec,60sec, 120sec! tbh 1 minute each coat is enough under the led, problem with led lamps in general is you don´t know what your getting, i have used 12w led lamps that cure something in 30secs then other 12w led lamps that that 2 mins, there are a lot of ponly led lamps out there, forgive my cockney french:green:

Hmm.... I have the OPI LED and the Harmony 18g. Neither have such long timings. I can't see how any product can take the same amount of time in LED as UV, doesn't make sense. You do know what you're getting if you use the lamp designed for your system.

By the way, on another page on the site where they have their LED lamp, the timings they give are different - weird.

You certainly can't knock them on price though, their products are extremely cheap. I wonder what the All In One polish would be like to use just for nail art.

hi blossom, yes i am an occasional layerer :) guilty but for the money i can afford to have a wider selection, i also mix layer ie a layer of shellac and 1 of ilac, they are totally compatible with each other, i am all about experimenting

hi, i haven´t used the xlac allinone for nail art but i saw on their facebook page that lots of clients do use it for that

arrghh and dennis williams do have shellac now, pretty sure they didn´t have it last year

What does it matter that dennis williams has shellac ?
Not any tom dick and harry can buy shellac from dennis williams same as sweetsquared ?
Them who buy from dm are usually training or trained in manis.
Am I missing something :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi nailenvy, it desn´t matter if shell is in dw, somebody asked thats all! For me it makes absolutely no difference where you buy from, shell is shell, its exactly the same no matter where u get it from.....so long as its not a fake that is

Hi nailenvy, it desn´t matter if shell is in dw, somebody asked thats all! For me it makes absolutely no difference where you buy from, shell is shell, its exactly the same no matter where u get it from.....so long as its not a fake that is

I think that's the point that Dennis Williams is not an authorised distributor therefore you cannot be sure of the origin of the Shellac. Same with Sallys although I've not seen it in there in my local one

only the ultra paranoid amongst us would condiser that a firm of the standing of dennis williams would sell anything fake, totally impossible!

I'm confused!!! Just looked on the website out of curiosity and on the "application videos" (no videos just instructions) it says.........

2) "Shake the bottle! Apply a very thin coat of xLac polish (the thinner the stronger) remembering to cap the free edge of the nail to prevent chipping and cure (60secs LED/60secs UV). It is important not to fully cure this first coat, it needs to be slightly sticky after curing"

I'm only a newbie but isn't one of the big "rules" to use the correct lamps for the proffered system so that we do not undercure......

Like I said I'm a total newbie so if I'm completely wrong please don't go mad!! Just an observation!!!
xxx

only the ultra paranoid amongst us would condiser that a firm of the standing of dennis williams would sell anything fake, totally impossible!

I think most geeks here would disagree with you on that point, S2/CND state they don't sell to DW so how are they obtaining their stock?

What does it matter that dennis williams has shellac ?
Not any tom dick and harry can buy shellac from dennis williams same as sweetsquared ?
Them who buy from dm are usually training or trained in manis.
Am I missing something :)

I just registered on their website, they check nothing.

It was explained to me a couple of weeks ago (by someone selling genuine OPI), that companies can buy from a third party who has an account with OPI in the States. According to this guy I was talking to, it is perfectly legal for the third party to sell to him and for him to import and pay duty etc. and then sell in the UK genuine OPI products to the trade or others. He said that there are some new EU rules about sole distribution???? Not sure if its true or not.

I registered on that iLax site. Good grief, they sent me an email offering me 15% discount on the products. They are virtually giving it away :biggrin:. That puts me off - its just too cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back