Defo switching from Shellac (CND) to iLac (INK London)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe someone likes you juicy, i didn´t get one!
the xLac you can cure the first coat fully but as with most products on the market its best to never fully cure the first coat, leave it sticky, tacky or whatever you wanna call it. gonna email ilac and ask em why i didnt get a coupon code, nobody loves maddy

According to this guy I was talking to, it is perfectly legal for the third party to sell to him and for him to import and pay duty etc.

He needs to get his facts straight. Irrespective, he isn't buying from the manufacturer so there are questions regarding access to PIF's, insurance and overall legitimacy of products.

We are working on it, but at a snails pace.

i imagine as well that the shellac made for europe is a different product than the shellac made for the usa, in the usa pretty much everything is legal but here in europe there are much more restrictions on the materials....eg the tpo debate, ok in the usa but very much illegal over here. i can see how s2 are peeved as after seeing their rather sexy exhibition stand at the excel its obvious they spend a fair few pennies on marketing

I was actually asked to work for this brand at pro beauty they contacted me as I'm a London based nail tech, I couldn't do it though.

maybe someone likes you juicy, i didn´t get one!
the xLac you can cure the first coat fully but as with most products on the market its best to never fully cure the first coat, leave it sticky, tacky or whatever you wanna call it. gonna email ilac and ask em why i didnt get a coupon code, nobody loves maddy

I got the same 15% off email too :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

ask and yee shall receive:biggrin: sorted

yes i moonlight between them, cnd and the edge! and in my spare time i paint peoples nails! :rolleyes:

You sell iLac, CND and The Edge?

Hi, sorry that was my little bit of playful sarcasm sneaking out :)

Ah, gotha ;)

Just making sure.

Hi, sorry that was my little bit of playful sarcasm sneaking out :)

It was a fair question from Gillian. I was beginning to wonder too.

I suppose, sorry for the confusion

I had a new client last week who openly admitted to using Shellac herself... And when I asked where she got it from ( you can guess the answer) EBay!! And when I asked if she was using the correct lamp (showed her my lamp) and she said yes! She even bought her Solar Oil from EBay and to be fair - it all seemed genuine..... However - she's crap at applying it so has come to me as she's seen my work... And she's booked back in.... So I guess the point I'm making is, even if people/customers who are not trained can get hold of our professional products, does not mean we'll lose them as clients :)

He needs to get his facts straight. Irrespective, he isn't buying from the manufacturer so there are questions regarding access to PIF's, insurance and overall legitimacy of products.

We are working on it, but at a snails pace.

Not saying I totally believed him Sam. He said it was to do with buying from a third party in the US. Apparently (according to him) this third party buys direct from OPI and after that they can legally sell to whoever they want. He said OPI, CND etc. have no rights over products once they are sold to their legitimate customers i.e. the customer can sell them on.

angieg, applying gel polish isn´t rocket science as we all know so there will always be clients like yours that have a go themselves...most of my clients are more than capable of doing their own manicures but they choose the salon/mobile experience, for some its the chit chat in the salon, for others its just that they prefer to pay for someone else to paint their nails so don´t worry too much....keep on

I've just ordered some ilac to try out, the colours look good and its LED curable (always a plus). Will let you know my thoughts when ive tried it :)

hi blossom, yes i am an occasional layerer :) guilty but for the money i can afford to have a wider selection, i also mix layer ie a layer of shellac and 1 of ilac, they are totally compatible with each other, i am all about experimenting

Since when has Shellac been compatible with another brand? Jeez, what happened to giving the correct protocols when willy nilly giving out information or am I missing the point?

Glamour Fairy :)

Don't know why maybe because they are the same (or appear to be) viscosity and both hybrid - it doesn't state anywhere that it compatible i just experimented and it works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back