Defo switching from Shellac (CND) to iLac (INK London)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maddynails

Reaction score
I bought 6x iLac + base and top at the excel last month from INK London, didn´t expect much, it was a too good to be true scenario ie made in europe, low price, led/UV curable the whole kit and kaboodle.......anyway i have applied it on maybe 20 of my clients since (as well as myself and friends) and the feedback is amazing, even the removal is stress free 8 minutes.

I know this is a shellac/gelish dominated forum, i too have been a shellac princess for years but noooo more:Kissing:

Is there a website I can have a look at? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

hi, inknails.com but ignore the prices on the site, if you register as ´trade´the prices are like half

Its off putting that it's not a strictly pro product . Its taken me all of a minute to open a 'trade' account ....no request to see any certs etc :irked:

Hi, i got an email requesting my info, not so much interested in certs but in experience, probably cos any tom dick or harry can give someone a cert but experience is something you earn

Its off putting that it's not a strictly pro product . Its taken me all of a minute to open a 'trade' account ....no request to see any certs etc :irked:
Same, only took 30 seconds.

Very few choice of colours too - I'll be sticking with Shellac.

Hi, i got an email requesting my info, not so much interested in certs but in experience, probably cos any tom dick or harry can give someone a cert but experience is something you earn
How can you prove your experience over the internet?

I could send ANYONE's work pics and pass it off as my own. Certificates alongside my ID is enough to know that you've learnt about the science behind nails from a company.

Hey, don´t shoot the messenger, all i said was their products are fantastic and safe (couldn´t wait to get out their eu safety reports), as far as their vetting process goes i have no idea and to be honest i don´t care

Hey, don´t shoot the messenger, all i said was their products are fantastic and safe (couldn´t wait to get out their eu safety reports), as far as their vetting process goes i have no idea and to be honest i don´t care
Wasn't having a go at you, just simply stating why a professional only brand is more appealing as it's something myself and my clients do care about.

I bought 6x iLac + base and top at the excel last month from INK London, didn´t expect much, it was a too good to be true scenario ie made in europe, low price, led/UV curable the whole kit and kaboodle.......anyway i have applied it on maybe 20 of my clients since (as well as myself and friends) and the feedback is amazing, even the removal is stress free 8 minutes.

I know this is a shellac/gelish dominated forum, i too have been a shellac princess for years but noooo more:Kissing:

Wonder what their all in one uv/led gels are like?

Same, only took 30 seconds.

Very few choice of colours too - I'll be sticking with Shellac.

Me too , i only registered out of nosiness :o

all-in-one is the best i have tried without doubt, ok for 2 weeks and removes in 3 mins. only 12 or 15 colours though.....the ilac has a good choice though 50+

To be fair though Shellac is losing it's professional only status now that it's available at other beauty wholesalers. It's not a line I can use with my clients anymore, I certainly don't feel like I am offering something exclusive. It's what the tech can offer in terms of skill, not the product. Just my thoughts.

Emily x

To be fair though Shellac is losing it's professional only status now that it's available at other beauty wholesalers. It's not a line I can use with my clients anymore, I certainly don't feel like I am offering something exclusive. It's what the tech can offer in terms of skill, not the product. Just my thoughts.

Emily x
Where else is it available? Aside from Ellison's?

Sally's and Dennis Williams x

Emily x

Is it in Sally's as well now?! Sweet Squared won't be happy... Dennis Williams isn't an authorised retailer so think they are doing all they can to stop it happening. Can see your point though... Xx

all-in-one is the best i have tried without doubt, ok for 2 weeks and removes in 3 mins. only 12 or 15 colours though.....the ilac has a good choice though 50+

Do you use the ink removing liquid & the ink cleaner/ shine perfector? Or can you use Nourishing remover & ipa? x

hi, i use ink´s cleaner and remover but i imagine the nourishing will be ok, although it doesn´t have a good rep on this forum!

if you have a go with the xlac allinone i recommend x-1 (coral), one thing to keep in mind if you have never used an allinone is you really have to apply thin coats, the coverage is excellent

Who is Dennis williams? Never heard of him?

My local Sallys (Bournemouth) doesn't stock Shellac and I Just had a look on Sallys website and its not on there either, has it definitely been seen in there? :) Shame if it's becoming more easily available.

I had a look at the iLac website, tbh i quite like their colours and if it performs well then that's cool too.

I wouldn't swap from Shellac though as it has a huge following and most of my clients have asked for it by name, not just come in wanting a random gel polish. Altho I can't remove Shellac in 8 mins even with the faster remover. If only .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back