Depression related family problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow thankyou everyone for such lovely & informative responses. I'm definitely taking them all into account to try & figure out what to do next, thankyou so much from the bottom of my heart. My mum is 43 (I'm not sure what the average menopausal age is). I just wish she wasn't so stubborn, especially as she knows that she has a problem due to being diagnosed & put on medication, she has the 'I don't need depression medication, I can do it myself' mentality... & we all know this is not the way but she doesn't realise she needs to take the medication as she is damaging us as a family, I think the hardest part is getting her to admit & accept, as soon as she's done that, hopefully a light will switch on!

Much love to everyone who has responded, you're such a great help xxx

I'm going through a similar story with my sister unfortunately she has taken her issues to Facebook. It's hurtful heartbreaking frustrating and worrying all in one. I wish you strength for the bumpy ride ahead of you, and never loose who you are. Xxxx

Hello everyone! Just a quick update but we seem to have hit a new low, had a blazing row last night & the usual stuff got said about how if I had had a 'good hiding' (a slap in Yorkshire talk!) then I would have turned out a better person/how I'm horrible/nasty whatever & my dad said to me later on in front of my mum to stop being cheeky & act like an adult which he earlier on today admitted that he'd only said it to shut my mum up & that whatever is happening isn't my fault, this devastated me as it only feels like I have my dad at the minute and for him to say that rubbed salt in the wound and I ended up being hysterical & going to my boyfriends. She text me this morning saying that she wants to sort things out & can't let things carry on, which is a massive step in the right direction however she has said this before and nothing came of it...urgh! I've looked more into Narcissistic Personality Disorder & I don't claim to have any medical knowledge but she definitely has a lot of the symptoms described...hmm!

Thankyou everyone again for your support, this is such a great place to get things out, even if nobody replies, you are all so lovely :) xxx

Looksatfoxes, my mum has done that on a couple of occasions too, it's heartbreaking indeed. Especially because people who see it don't get to hear the other side of the story *hugs*

Latest posts

Back