Dermal roller

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gold dust

Reaction score
Hi all, i was at the Scottish beauty show recently when i saw the dermal roller. Are you using it in your salon & what sort of results have you seen with this?! Much appreciated
Angela

I have a client that has been using some sort of skin care regime, followed by three sessions of roller, and her skin looks incredible. she has bad acne scarring before. She has been going to SK:N, so It's whatever they use.

iam really interested in this and just wanted a little feedback from some of you geeks! Yes as far as i know clients can have a home care routine inbetween their sessions apparently 3 treatments are carried out by the salon, thanks for your reply x

In Australia it is sold as a take home treatment. You buy the roller and products and do it all at home. I did see a dermatologist for the consult and then they tell you what to do and off you go home.

You can go back to the clinic for them to do it as well - but you don't have to. The theory behind it being that if you are doing it yourself, because it is uncomfortable, some people might not be doing it properly so going to the clinic they can do it a few times as well to make sure you are getting the full benefit.

I must admit that I'm a bit slack and don't use the roller as often as I should.

The home kit is a smaller needle length than the ones undertaken in clinic.

The home kit is a smaller needle length than the ones undertaken in clinic.

Yes, I realise this but the clinic is about 12 hours drive from where I am so not easy to get to.

iam really interested in adding the dermal roller treatment to my price list but need to know if any of you geeks offer this service, if so how would you rate the results, what do you charge and which company do you get your supplies from

Yes, I realise this but the clinic is about 12 hours drive from where I am so not easy to get to.

Wow, that is a drive! Is there not a clinic that is nearer to you?

you wouldnt get the same result from a home roller, home rollers are usually 0.3mm or 0.5mm and are good for advanced product penetration

The ones used in clinic for collagen induction therapy are 1.0mm thus tapping into the body's own healing process to promote new collagen xx

Also the rollers which go to the depth of 1mm can only be used by Dr's, nurses or dentists.

Also the rollers which go to the depth of 1mm can only be used by Dr's, nurses or dentists.
I'm not a nurse, doctor or dentist but have been trained to use up to a 1.5mm roller.
I think if it's longer than 1.5 then it needs to be done by someone in the medical profession.
I'm also not keen on the home rollers. Rollers should be single use only in my opinion!

I'm neither a doc or a nurse but I've also been trained to use up to a 1.5mm x

Latest posts

Back