Dermalogica has just banged the last nail in the coffin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really need to make an order but I can't bring myself to do it!

I'm thinking of winding it down slowly and introducing a more superior professional brand, Environ looks good and lot's of you ladies rave about it.

Environ is amazing and even better when linked in with Jane Iredale skincare make-up and their Advanced Nutrition programme.

Their customer service is second to none and the fact that their make-up artist and skin analysts come on a regular basis (which boosts sales tremendously) means that retail is much easier.

I'd highly recommend them.

Debbs xo

It seems to me that all the big companies in the industry are screwing over the therapists. I've had the same with Essie. I've used them for years the. They down grade the product to sell in boots so clients don't want to buy from me. L'oreal then take back full ownership cut all ties with southern distributors then tell me I can't order direct from them as I'm mobile. Well if it wasn't for us therapists taking the product to the consumer in the first place how the hell would the brand name be out there. I'm fed up with 'salon only' ending up on the high street and the brand cherry picks which therapist or salon to sell to and which salon to promote. If we are qualified to use the product why not treat us all the same and give us all a fair chance with promotions etc no matter how much we order each month. I completely understand your frustration and think it's time for you to put your money and commitment to a company that appreciates what the therapist does for their brand x

I've got to say reading this I can't help but think that dermalogica couldn't do anything to please you if they tried.
I stock dermalogica and have done for about 4 years and I think the do actually make a big effort to support their salons, at least in my experience.
The £20 voucher thing is a way they are trying to encourage those customers who shop online, (who may never have even been to a salon before) to visit and spend money in our businesses, this is a great opportunity to the salon to gain a new customer who is already a dermalogica fan and get them hooked on skin treatments and hopefully get them buying products from us. Then we get paid the £20 back from dermalogica, win win I think!

Did you also know that the big online sellers have to buy the products at a dearer trade cost? That prevents them from undercutting us too much.

Dermalogica give me so much support and I am really happy. Loads of free gifts to give away to make me competitive against online sellers, fab education, smart looking merchandising. I started out on my own renting a room in a hotel but after 3 years of stocking have grown my business and have this year qualified as one of their 'circle' salons, I really don't think this thread is representing it in a fair light. Life is what you make of it and they can't just hand us everything on a plate and make it impossible for customers to buy their products online. Doesn't matter which brand you stock you'll always have competition some way or another, you just gotta try and use what's available to you to stand out from the crowd.

By the way, I'm not trying to convince anybody, I'm sure everybody has their own reasons etc, just wanted to show my different perspective.

Xxx

To be fair, there have been a lot of therapists praising dermalogica on here in the past.

Your experience is clearly very different from the op's.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got to say reading this I can't help but think that dermalogica couldn't do anything to please you if they tried.
I stock dermalogica and have done for about 4 years and I think the do actually make a big effort to support their salons, at least in my experience.
The £20 voucher thing is a way they are trying to encourage those customers who shop online, (who may never have even been to a salon before) to visit and spend money in our businesses, this is a great opportunity to the salon to gain a new customer who is already a dermalogica fan and get them hooked on skin treatments and hopefully get them buying products from us. Then we get paid the £20 back from dermalogica, win win I think!

Did you also know that the big online sellers have to buy the products at a dearer trade cost? That prevents them from undercutting us too much.

Dermalogica give me so much support and I am really happy. Loads of free gifts to give away to make me competitive against online sellers, fab education, smart looking merchandising. I started out on my own renting a room in a hotel but after 3 years of stocking have grown my business and have this year qualified as one of their 'circle' salons, I really don't think this thread is representing it in a fair light. Life is what you make of it and they can't just hand us everything on a plate and make it impossible for customers to buy their products online. Doesn't matter which brand you stock you'll always have competition some way or another, you just gotta try and use what's available to you to stand out from the crowd.

By the way, I'm not trying to convince anybody, I'm sure everybody has their own reasons etc, just wanted to show my different perspective.

Xxx

Good for you I'm glad you're having a good experience with Dermalogica and your business is a great success on the back of it. However there's no need to insult me by saying "Dermalogica couldn't do anything to please me if they tried", re read what I've written, I'm not on their website, therefore my client is going else where - that's not helpful or supportive!!

Good for you I'm glad you're having a good experience with Dermalogica and your business is a great success on the back of it. However there's no need to insult me by saying "Dermalogica couldn't do anything to please me if they tried", re read what I've written, I'm not on their website, therefore my client is going else where - that's not helpful or supportive!!

Carla have you contacted h/o to ask them to put you back on the salon finder as I know they had a tech problem last year with it knocking salons off that should be on there - I had to and they put me on & apologised. It sounds like you've lost your mojo with Dermalogica, and I can understand if you feel like your not getting the support you pay for. Get in touch with your rep and arrange a meeting to discuss how you are feeling, maybe even book a couple of workshops if you can as I find meeting other salon owners & therapists discussing ideas a great motivation to get back on track. Xx

Carla have you contacted h/o to ask them to put you back on the salon finder as I know they had a tech problem last year with it knocking salons off that should be on there - I had to and they put me on & apologised. It sounds like you've lost your mojo with Dermalogica, and I can understand if you feel like your not getting the support you pay for. Get in touch with your rep and arrange a meeting to discuss how you are feeling, maybe even book a couple of workshops if you can as I find meeting other salon owners & therapists discussing ideas a great motivation to get back on track. Xx

Yes as soon as my client told me what she had done I called Dermalogica to make a complaint. They said they were going to get back to me and also send a rep out - I've heard nothing since. I was also told that my average monthly spend was just under the threshold to go on the website so maybe I could order a bit more!

Yes as soon as my client told me what she had done I called Dermalogica to make a complaint. They said they were going to get back to me and also send a rep out - I've heard nothing since. I was also told that my average monthly spend was just under the threshold to go on the website so maybe I could order a bit more!

I wouldn't be happy about having a minimum order to be on the salon locator - I've never heard of this? When did you open your account with them?

I wouldn't be happy about having a minimum order to be on the salon locator - I've never heard of this? When did you open your account with them?

I opened the account in 2008

Latest posts

Back