Dermalogica/internet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spuggy

Reaction score
Hiya, was hoping for some advice i use dermalogica which i buy online from a very well known site that is mentioned in lots of mags. Ive just had my nails done at a new place and the therapist told me that dermalogica do not supply to internet shops only salons and that what im buying is either knock off or out of date! Can any one let me know if this is true?
thanks

You have to be very careful buying pro products on the internet, I was sucked in big time by one site. Thankfully I saw a thread on here before I made another big purchase from them.

The best thing to do is contact Dermologica and ask them who their official suppliers are near you and on the net. Its better to pay the extra and get the proper stuff than save a few pounds and get nivea in a marge tub!! (No offence to nivea meant)

does the internet site have a salon? maybe they are authorised sellers. I would email dermalogica and mention the site, to check whether or not they are authorised- that way you will know. If they are not, you may be paying for inferior products:mad: :mad: hthSs

i type too slow and fats got there first!:cry:

oh crap im panicing now ive spent a fortune on stuff at this site. The fact that mags have recomended products from here make it sound as though its fine. Can i say the name of the site of will i get in trouble, i really would like to know if its a pile of pants or not

Hi,

Welcome to the site, dermalogica do only supply to proffesionals, they do not sell direct to the public. However, there are sites that sell it, they are generally fine. You are not buying knock off i'm not aware there is a knock off dermalogica (correct me if i'm wrong!)?? It won't be out of date either, the sites are probably run by "proffesionals" that dermalogica supply to. You can get it on ebay too, this is probably therapists trying to shift unwanted stock!

Don't worry i'm sure you're getting the real macoy!
Hth
Kate x

lol eager beaver! you both beat me!

thanks i just checked the site and they do have a salon where they use the products in london. Panic over, the salon that told me this do sell dermalogica - so that may have been the case. Thanks again:lol:

glad your mind is at rest, enjoy your products x

Hi

Just to jump in here my dermalogica rep and i have just had a conversation about this, they have warned salons selling on line and some salons have had their accounts removed.

As for ebay you could well be buying from someone who has not stored their dermalogica correctly ie in high/low temperatures. It could well be out of date if its been stored incorrectly it could well have 'gone off'

So i would advise caution when buying on line.

Its also much better to go into a salon and be face mapped and have your skin analyzed so you are getting the right products for your skin.

For example if i was to ask you is your skin oil dry or dehydrated?? would you know?? A trained dermalogica therapist will.

HTH

Are you paying the recomended retail price for your internet purchases ? If so would it not be better to open an account with Dermalogica to get your professional products at the trade price?
mrs o

oops i thought you were a beauty therapist when i answered this,you can go into any Dermalogica Salon and they will give you free advice on your skin type -and probably samples and you can buy the prods at the RR price,the site you buy from possibly suits clients who know the prods they need,but cannot get to the salon to buy them.
mrs o

as a dermalogica stockist it is perfectly fine to sell your products online - it only not allowed if you the internet seller r buying them off a salon and reselling them! Ebay is a big no no as with any company!

Latest posts

Back