Dermalogica, should I or shouldn't I?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant stand them overpriced overated crap in my opinion. Try other brandslike eve taylor and swissdermyl but i have no experience of these brands so ask around and contsct lynne on here who is the distributor of swissdermyl

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

It might be 'crap' but is has the science to back it up.
Also I don't know any other company that offer you free training! No catches nothing over 20+ classes all free!! And the support material like poster hangers sample organiser table top displays I could go on. Also they have a complex range of products I haven't found another company with all the products that I couldn't live without that Dermalogica do!

In the same way that the NHS is free at the point of need I think it's fair to say that we will be paying somewhere for free delivery a la Ellisons et al, and for free training from your chosen suppliers.
It will have been built in to the price of the products, I can guarantee that!

I use Dermalogica and love it, their products are great, my clients really love the products and my retail and repeat facial bookings are good. Their training is great and the fact it's free is even better!!! My rep is friendly and supportive. The professional products on eBay are always ridiculously overpriced! Shellac is also all over eBay but it doesn't stop clients coming into salons for the service x

I agree with all this! I love Dermalogica! So do my clients. It was a big outlay to start with but I made money back in no time.
Dermalogica are trying to stop the selling on eBay but its hard. Same as CND.

In the same way that the NHS is free at the point of need I think it's fair to say that we will be paying somewhere for free delivery a la Ellisons et al, and for free training from your chosen suppliers.
It will have been built in to the price of the products, I can guarantee that!

Lynne I know what you mean! But when you see the choice of classes they offer it is amazing! I know nothing's free but the prices of the products aren't that expensive clients still buy it! They also do like a boots card point system!

They just don't seem to care that their products are over ebay etc..people say 'oh its hard to stop.' if eve taylor can do it why can't dermalogica?

If I were you I would look at my client base very carefully, I sell dermalogica and TBH I dont think that you can beat their facials, the products are excellent to, I love them, but they are soooo expensive, even more so for me here in spain. for probably 60% of my clients if they took even just a moisturiser, toner and cleanser plus the cost of a facial, they couldnt afford it, which means that they will continue coming for the facials but wont buy the products afterwards, believe me I sample sample sample people but there are some people who would never spend that amount on a moisturiser. I am just about to take on Eve Taylor as an cheaper alternative.
I just think that if you cant sell ET at such amazing prices, how are you going to market Dermalogica? It sounds like you think it will sell its self, which it doesnt any more, work out exactly how much a cleanser toner moisturiser plus the VAT will be, add the cost of a facial to it and ask your self honestly how many of your clients would part with this kind of cash?
Yes I believe their training in the UK is amazing (its rubbish here BTW) and I to love their products, but in my opinion they are slowly pricing themselves out of the market. You can actually buy some products on line cheaper than I buy them in for...how can you realistically build a business when you cant even offer to price match?
Good luck with what ever you choose,
Tinax

Hi guys, in the end I went with dermalogica, and I'm so glad I did, they have been absolutely brilliant, customer service has been excellent, I did the demalogica live training last week, omg overwhelmed by the professionalism, Alix, Lorraine and becca did an amazing job training us all, I can not fault it.theres so much support, even with online education, tones of info.
Face mapping, micro zone, skin bar, my clients are gonna love it, who else let's you try before you by, I can't wait to go on my next course, exfoliation.
Demalogica is my new favourite word. I'm hooked.

Hi guys, in the end I went with dermalogica, and I'm so glad I did, they have been absolutely brilliant, customer service has been excellent, I did the demalogica live training last week, omg overwhelmed by the professionalism, Alix, Lorraine and becca did an amazing job training us all, I can not fault it.theres so much support, even with online education, tones of info.
Face mapping, micro zone, skin bar, my clients are gonna love it, who else let's you try before you by, I can't wait to go on my next course, exfoliation.
Demalogica is my new favourite word. I'm hooked.

I would highly recommend the Active resurface 35 class! You need to do a few prerequisites but its amazing!!! It's taken over from microdermabrasion!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back