Dermalogica stock dates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beansy

Reaction score
I'm wondering whether any Dermalogica stockists are able to advise on the system that is used to 'date' their products (i.e. expiry date), please?

A friend of mine is considering buying a salon that stocks Dermalogica. Whilst this might not have been her first choice, her plan was to run with it initially and then change in the future - when finances allow and when she's 'primed' the customers!

Dermalogica have now advised her that they wont necessarily sign the contract over to her and this is dependent on the whether the current owner has the minimum stock level (and that it is all in date). If it isn't (which is likely) they may either demand a new contract or purchase of more stock (anything from £hundreds to £thousands.

Regardless of Dermalogica's motives.......(£££££ !) please can anyone advise on where the date(s) can be found and how they should be read. The Dermalogica rep said that it isn't obvious and my friend wants to try and do a stock check with the current owner (who is likely to have run the stock down as she prepares to sell). Thanks!!

Last edited:
SOME product have dates on! not many!! ones with SPFs in mainly!

Dermalogica could (which they probably wont as there custom service is an absolute joke!!!) look at her order records and see when her opening order was and then see if she has bought any other prof size products since then! Dermalogica do replace out of date products but if they dont have a date on them i dont know if the rule applies!!

Also if she did have to open a new account it would cost around 3thousand just for the basics!!

Thanks Amelia.

Do you know what the format for the expiry date is and where it is?

The Dermalogica rep has apparently looked at the accounts and said that she can see that orders have been placed but she can't tell what is retail and what is professional (not sure why, seems very strange).

You're right that they have said that if she doesn't have the minimum stock level they may not assign the contract over to her. Their reasoning being that she won't have the correct stock to fully represent the brand, although you could argue this now! It all seems 'manufactured' to get her to sign a new contract.

Has anyone else experienced this or got any advice around how they've handled this?

Its just stamped on the botton of the bottle! But only a few prof products have them!!

On the invoices it say if its a proffesional and you can tell by the price!! Also if she knows the salon owner you have a online dermalogica account that you can go on and see and print off all your old invoices from day 1! So really it can be done just a bit long winded!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back