Dermalogica training!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missljw

Reaction score
Hi,

I went to a salon yesterday about a job, they are calling it self employed - percentage based - but they provide all the products etc. the fact it's not exactly self employed is another matter really. But my question is I thought training was free once you are a dermalogica stocked salon, but she said I wouldn't be able to get training. Is this because I would be classed as self employed?

Her price list only has dermalogica facials on (again she wants me using her prices) but as there isn't an option for using any other facial product I'm not sure how she expects me to have clients for facials without being trained in dermalogica.

It sounds like the sort of set up where its very frustrating in theory so it would probably be very frustrating in practice too.

At best she might train you in house but that aside the way that she wants to call you self employed when youre not would make me run a mile from that sort of so called job anyway.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking! She wants me back on Monday for a trades test so will ask some more questions to see exactly what she wants to be in charge of and if training would be possible etc.

Latest posts

Back