Describing what Shellac is....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I was wondering if someone could give me a good explaination for those clients that do not know what Shellac is? Also for those that do not have nail knowledge i.e. don't know anythin about gels, overlays and acrylic etc.

I have been saying its a power polish, its not a coloured gel but it wears like a gel and applies like polish.

Any suggestions would be great x

I think what youre saying is just fine, just maybe throw in a couple of the advantages of it not being a gel ;)

I have found that people do not know what gel polishes are either and have been having the same problem to describe what both shellac and gel polishes are.

xx

Just tell your clients that "Shellac is a power polish and what that means is, it has extra staying power, and a high mirror shine and gloss that lasts upto 14 days. It also has amazing ridge filling properties for a super smooth finish.And best of all ZERO dry time"
Jen
xx

Last edited:
When people ask us we say that it goes on like nail varnish but dries like a gel and last about 2 weeks
Hope this helps xxx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I say:

"Shellac is CND's 'power polish!' For you this means, there's no buffing of your natural nail, ZERO dry time & up to 14 days of flawless wear with a mirror like finish that NEVER dulls. When would you like me to book you in?" ;)

X

ok thats great.....but what abount when they ask whats in it?

I think what youre saying is just fine, just maybe throw in a couple of the advantages of it not being a gel ;)
And what would you say these are?

ok thats great.....but what abount when they ask whats in it?
If they ask that then they are asking to be baffled!

patented UV3 technology
fast release polymers , not forgetting the tiny tunnles . :D

If they ask that then they are asking to be baffled!

patented UV3 technology
fast release polymers , not forgetting the tiny tunnles . :D

Does that mean the science behind it is protected from other copiers? I know its free from Formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP

i ment patent pending ,
heres a good link to some info on what to say , its straght from CND ,
Science Center - CND

Latest posts

Back