Designer dogs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most responsible breeders of pedigree dogs wouldn't cross breed ,
Most people with pedigree dogs if they check the paper work will see they are not supposed to bread with anything but another of the same breed and Kennel club ,

Puppy farms make big money on sticking a label of a "designer dog " 0n mixes , some believe that is where the trend first originated ,
Before they got cute marketed titles they wear mixes and worth a fraction of the price.

Hate puppy mills ,
but u do need to know and try to find out where your dogs came from.

Im Not being a pure breed snob here , there are huge health issues with almost all pedigrees ,

We have a pedigree , sib husky ,
Also have 3 non pedigrees a malamute we adopted she probably originally came from a puppy mill in hungry , also have a mix dog from Germany and a very similar mix dog from a shelter here in the states ,

Who has the health issues ? The pedigree ,
We knew he was the runt , he had no testicals to we wear fine with signing that we would not breed from him we wanted a pet nothing else. he has now developed evil epilepsy ! :-/

So on the flip side there is something to be said for mixing the genetic pool every now and then,

Dogs are not different animals to each other same DNA with the same chromosomes , just been selectively breed for different characteristics ,

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399210450.273634.jpg

If you have a mix breed that's become part of your family I believe that the home you bring your pup up in will help their nature. So if you have and love your mixed breed that's all that counts.

Personally I am an avid spaniel lover and own a totally spoilt brat. 13 yrs old now. Been the best dog I ever had my my life. I paid R250 which is about £15.
Because her parents were supposedly registered but they mixed colours by accident so this litter was classified as junk... They sold them just cover vaccines.
So I got my dog on sale 😆😆I tell everyone this!!
Best flipping bargain I ever got!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399239126.773027.jpg

Beauty at your finger tips!

Thank you! We love them anyway! 😀

Most responsible breeders of pedigree dogs wouldn't cross breed ,
Most people with pedigree dogs if they check the paper work will see they are not supposed to bread with anything but another of the same breed and Kennel club ,

Puppy farms make big money on sticking a label of a "designer dog " 0n mixes , some believe that is where the trend first originated ,
Before they got cute marketed titles they wear mixes and worth a fraction of the price.

Hate puppy mills ,
but u do need to know and try to find out where your dogs came from.

Im Not being a pure breed snob here , there are huge health issues with almost all pedigrees ,

We have a pedigree , sib husky ,
Also have 3 non pedigrees a malamute we adopted she probably originally came from a puppy mill in hungry , also have a mix dog from Germany and a very similar mix dog from a shelter here in the states ,

Who has the health issues ? The pedigree ,
We knew he was the runt , he had no testicals to we wear fine with signing that we would not breed from him we wanted a pet nothing else. he has now developed evil epilepsy ! :-/

So on the flip side there is something to be said for mixing the genetic pool every now and then,

Dogs are not different animals to each other same DNA with the same chromosomes , just been selectively breed for different characteristics ,

We got penny a siberian husky but we have no papers for her, a year later we gave kaiser a home as his owners were moving to Australia, like you his a full breed with papers and we've had huge diet issues with him we still haven't found a suitable food for him it's a working progress

All I have to say is, whichever woman said diamonds are a girls best friend, never owned an akita :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

All I have to say is, whichever woman said diamonds are a girls best friend, never owned an akita :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Or they never owned a dog!

I've got a jug (Jack Russell and Pug) and he's lovely mad and hypo like a Jack Russell but as loyal as a pug!! And my sister has a labradoodle and he's lovely aswell he's called cooper and my aunty has a shorkie and a pug cross (although I can't see any pug in him!) his mum was the shorkie (shih tzu/Yorkshire terrier) and his dad was the pug and he's called Blake, they are all lovely! I think the dogs chooses you! We didn't go out looking for cross pups, we've had crosses before and had pure pedigrees, we used to have a bichon frise (missy) who grew old and passed away and a cocker spaniel (dillian) who was my best mate! Sadly he got cancer and went to sleep aged 7.

Sid
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399279000.706293.jpg

Cooper
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399278773.524623.jpg

Sid and Blake
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399278041.599517.jpg

Dillian
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399279032.311762.jpg

Missy
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399279057.607447.jpg

I think your doggie pictures are so cute!

Beauty at your finger tips!

Latest posts

Back