Designer dogs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's lovely!
I only ever have rescue as there are so many dogs that need homes. It makes me really sad that they get overlooked. I wanted another dog for my 50th. A rescue staffy maybe but my husband refused. I know why but I'd still love another one x

Both out staff's were rescued. It makes me so sad to see how many are staffs at the dogs trust. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

It's a silly, silly trend. There is nothing wrong with mutts (unless of course there are health issues) but buying one because it's "designer" and "in" and paying ridiculous amounts of money for it shows what kind of person you are.

In my opinion if a dog is a cross breed then it's a mongrel regardless if the parents are different pure Breeds.

I have two so called 'designer dogs' - two Labradoodle boys.

They weren't bought as a fashion accessory or because designer dogs are currently 'in', they were bought to complete our family and yes, they are as spoilt as any child of mine would be.

I think as long as the breeders are responsible and not breeding crosses that will have increased medical issues, there's nothing wrong with cross breeds. Each to their own....

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398883574.748465.jpg

I have have 2 little lap dogs meet miffy and lulu. Miffy is a pure pedigree kc registered chihuahua and lulu is a so called (designer breed) pomchi. Pomeranian cross chihuahua. There is no difference between the 2 when it comes to temperment or health. I think its a bit of fun mixing the names of breeds together but has been used and abused by people wanting to make money. I didnt buy lulu because she was a designer breed I just wanted little friend for miffy :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1398889066794.jpg
    1398889066794.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 200
Same reason for mu dogs! Bought a cockerdor to give my lab a friend xxx

Labradoodles are a fantastic example of how cross breeding can be positive. I used to be involved with a charity that trained assistance dogs and they mainly use Labrador Retrievers or Golden Retrievers (seeing the difference in how these two carry out their tasks according to breed is very interesting)

However, they also use Labradoodles in order to combine the working side of the Labrador and the reduced risk of allergy coming from the Labradoodles coat. So if someone who uses a wheelchair suffered a dog allergy they will not be discounted because there is a dog for them.

My boy is pure bred Labrador Retriever from show stock so he is big and chunky (not fat), whereas our previous female Lab was working stock so she was more svelte.
My Husband cannot bear Crufts and everything that goes with it. Apparently they are coveting a new standard which means a fatter dog. How can you decide something is fashionable in the animal world FGS? All domesticated dogs are descendant of the grey wolf, but didn't man cross breed deliberately to utilise the breed specifics? So you could argue that all dogs are mongrels of the wolf. ;)

10 months old here..

picture.php

This just came up on my FB.
Far as I can tell this is the bitches 3rd litter. Each puppy sells for £450 and the "breeder" is very much of the backyard variety. It is not fair to use your dog as an income.

Attachments

• 1399066679549.jpg
    1399066679549.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 1399066696977.jpg
    1399066696977.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 147
"Theyd much rather be carried around in a handbag" this makes me so angry, no dog wants this. All dogs need exercise!
And they should not be leaving until atleast 8 weeks, sounds so dodgy :(

Sent from my GT-P5210 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a 100% chihuahua and he loves to walk if feel a prat walking around with him in a bag !
But I might be creating a designer dog ( if you can call it that )
My dog has started humping and has taken a shine to my male cat !
Poor cat lol Xxx

Why would you put a dog in a bag. It's got legs

I have a lapdog, but there is no way ever he would go in a bag, just silly

Ive got a chihuahua also and I wouldnt dream of carrying it in a bag, it would be sooo embarrassing! Plus it plays up to the Chi stereotype.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive got a chihuahua also and I wouldnt dream of carrying it in a bag, it would be sooo embarrassing! Plus it plays up to the Chi stereotype.

Exactly!

Yep I know !
I find people laugh at me and my chi when we go out for walks but his personality definitely makes up for his size !
He isn't " yappy " like most people say .
He is brilliant with my two children and part of the family .
But I'd be too embarrassed to whack him in a hand bag and go out !
People often ask do you put him in a bag ?
Um no it's a f:::::g dog !

Yep I know !
I find people laugh at me and my chi when we go out for walks but his personality definitely makes up for his size !
He isn't " yappy " like most people say .
He is brilliant with my two children and part of the family .
But I'd be too embarrassed to whack him in a hand bag and go out !
People often ask do you put him in a bag ?
Um no it's a f:::::g dog !

Argggghhh yes. It's so annoying! The only time I have ever attempted this was for a flight, they told me he had to go in a bag as his cage (that we had measured and checked several times was the correct dimensions) was rigid???? Suffice to say he didn't go in the silly bag and yes he took the flight!!

I have 2 siberian huskies, love them too bits, I've heard of the pomskies we were discussing them at husky camp and apparently there quite loud compared to the sibes here's a pic of my 2
ynada6ap.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little dogs carried around in bags really seem to wind my big staffy & american bulldog up the wrong way! There's a lady who lives on our street and she has some little thing that wears a sparkly pink coat & she carries it around in a pink bag covered in sparkles. I think my dogs see it as the canine version of McDonalds! Mmmm lunch!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have 2 siberian huskies, love them too bits, I've heard of the pomskies we were discussing them at husky camp and apparently there quite loud compared to the sibes here's a pic of my 2
ynada6ap.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are so beautiful

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

There's a lady who lives on our street and she has some little thing that wears a sparkly pink coat & she carries it around in a pink bag covered in sparkles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't begin to explain how much this winds me up since that bimbo Paris Hilton started being photographed carrying a dog and even more bimbos copied it. A dog is not a fashion accessory you moronic half wit. Blimey I'm so hormonal!

Latest posts

Back