Desperately need help before I give up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady*b

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
So basically I went mobile last year but I'm finding it really hard to get repeat business?
I have a few loyal clients but I live in small area and there's so much competition one person was doing acrylic nails for £8 which I cant compete with. I use what I think are the better brands such as Sienna X, Shellac etc because I want my work to be good but people seem to just want the cheapest prices. I haven't had a client in quite a few weeks luckily I have a part time job as well but don't know what to do I really feel like giving up?
I've also found out tonight that there's another person using the same name as me just spelt slightly differently and I think has stolen a lot of the wording of my web page but obviously cant prove it.
Please help!?
Thanks xxx

Hey Lady,

It sucks when this happens, seems to happen to a lot of really good hardworking geeks at the mo! Have you tried doing a promotions week or month promoting your most popular treatments at say buy one get one half price or something, people lap up getting something for nothing!

Hth
Leanne
X

And maybe look at changing your name? Do it like a whole reopening type thing?

Leanne
X

agree change the name and use as an opportunity. we have been through hell having had to change our phone number but gained 6 appts out of it then advertised and have already had new clients in since easter 1 this morning full head of foils and 1 tonight tbar etc so try and turn (its hard) a negative into a positive. good luck.

The cheek of some people!! I'm sure you're raging!!

I would change your name, source a reasonably priced company to print you off some fliers advertising your new name and look, include a short blurb on the quality of the products you use, and maybe include an offer or two?

Also, do you have a business fb page? You could maybe ask your existing clients to leave you a kind comment on the quality of your work?

Chin up, this person obviously has no originality!! Xx

Hi
thanks for all your advice I think I am going to have to change my name its just so annoying I've had so much already printed with my current name but oh well I suppose I should take it as a compliment!
I've done loads of offers in the past discounting one particular service so I think i will give the buy one get one half price a go!
Thank you all again xxx

been loads of chat recently about recommend/refer a friend, this really does work to keep clients, have a search..

good luck x

Latest posts

Back