Dia Richesse and Light tips please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper White

Reaction score
I love the DIA Richesse range and tend to use that as my go to semi,as its so rich and shiny,I was told Dia Light is more of a toner,I've used it a few times,but still use Richesse for that instead,but want to gain more knowledge on LIGHT.....Does anyone use it as just an all over colour,or in lowlights.When i use for all over or tone,i only ever use the same peroxide which I think is 2.9%,unsure of what the others do with said colours and why...Ideas for what people like best out of both please geeks..

Dia light is acid based and will give a really nice introduction to colour for first timers, mainly use with 6vol or 9 vol. great shine and tone and great as a toner also!

Dia light is acid based and will give a really nice introduction to colour for first timers, mainly use with 6vol or 9 vol. great shine and tone and great as a toner also!
Sia they're always used to having colour,would you only use it for toners? Can you explain what 6,9 and 15 vol are used for please..I think I have them right..Cheers

It really depends on the kind of coverage you need, it's good taking light to dark and blending first greys, 6vol ok if going darker, 15vol will lift natural 1 shade but i tend to use 9vol on most I find this is best

It's for hair that has been exposed to chemical services ,
So for sensitised hair / for hair that may have some damage .
And for u using as a toner straight after lightening .
The blonde toners are brilliant !
6 vol : for light bases / already coloured hair & toning .
9 vol : same level of shade & toning
15vol : covers 70% of grey &
Can use to give a more vibrant finish on a colour .
X

It really depends on the kind of coverage you need, it's good taking light to dark and blending first greys, 6vol ok if going darker, 15vol will lift natural 1 shade but i tend to use 9vol on most I find this is best
So you would normally use 6 to tone darker? Does 15vol give your colour a lift then?

It's for hair that has been exposed to chemical services ,
So for sensitised hair / for hair that may have some damage .
And for u using as a toner straight after lightening .
The blonde toners are brilliant !
6 vol : for light bases / already coloured hair & toning .
9 vol : same level of shade & toning
15vol : covers 70% of grey &
Can use to give a more vibrant finish on a colour .
X
So does both Dia Richesse and Light have the 6,9 and 15vol? So using a 6 if they want to stay on the same base and they're say 7 and above base? And you would use 9 for most of your toning? Great answer cheers,I'm noting this all down.x

You got it [emoji106]

Dia richesse - cover first greys, lifts one level with 15 vol, subtle reflects, introduction to colour, darkens 4 levels with no need to precolour, can get more intense results on light/ pre lightened bases, can be used as toners if you want a more dense result.
Dia Light - acid based colour (closes cuticles) the clear will close cuticles to lock in a colour and add shine, good for colour correction, extremely subtle on natural hair (more for gloss than reflect) nice as toners but more subtle and light then dia richesse. Also good to use when pre pigmenting :) hope that helps :)

15vol is 1 and a half levels and 9vol is 1 level . 15vol is great for bright vibrant colours like the coppers and reds. 6vol I only use on really sensitised hair. I use 9vol the most as u can use it to go darker and it won't go to dark as it has that lifting agent in there, it's for staying the same base and lightening!

No 15 vol is 1 level and 9 vol will give a tiny bit of lift but no promises. Also 15 vol will cover up to 70% grey hair with a base shade :) this is from the tec manual from our education rep :)
image.png

Oh that's funny because I went on a colour change course last month and they said 15vol is one and half levels of lift and 9vol is one... Weird

Dia richesse - cover first greys, lifts one level with 15 vol, subtle reflects, introduction to colour, darkens 4 levels with no need to precolour, can get more intense results on light/ pre lightened bases, can be used as toners if you want a more dense result.
Dia Light - acid based colour (closes cuticles) the clear will close cuticles to lock in a colour and add shine, good for colour correction, extremely subtle on natural hair (more for gloss than reflect) nice as toners but more subtle and light then dia richesse. Also good to use when pre pigmenting :) hope that helps :)
That's really helped thanx,I'm guessing that they dont take the same activators Richesse and light?.......When doing home i always just use the Sallys Universal releaser for all semis and toners which is 2.9%,so defo need to stop doing that haha..Cheers

Last edited:
That's really helped thanx,I'm guessing the do they all take the same activators Richesse and light?.......When doing home i always just use the Sallys Universal releaser for all semis and toners which is 2.9%,so defo need to stop doing that haha..Cheers
Haha yes get the 9 vol cause thats the most used and just get the others if you rekon you'll use them :)

I found these which I find helpful X

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    385 KB · Views: 316
  • image.png
    image.png
    301 KB · Views: 297
I literally never use 9vol?!

I literally never use 9vol?!

That's really helped thanx,I'm guessing that they dont take the same activators Richesse and light?.......When doing home i always just use the Sallys Universal releaser for all semis and toners which is 2.9%,so defo need to stop doing that haha..Cheers

I don't work for L'Oreal..honest, but please do buy the 'real deal'......
Generic might LOOK the same...but follow 'The system' if you want to truly get the best results.:D

Hey guys .. been reading through these.. I usually use dialight for toning... haven't yet used it for depositing colour... is diarichesse okay for low lights?? Was thinking on using the 8.3 to break up a full head of blonde hilights, I know dialight is more for pre lightened hair but I can just imagine it being more wishy washy than the richesse?? Thoughts please.

Hey guys .. been reading through these.. I usually use dialight for toning... haven't yet used it for depositing colour... is diarichesse okay for low lights?? Was thinking on using the 8.3 to break up a full head of blonde hilights, I know dialight is more for pre lightened hair but I can just imagine it being more wishy washy than the richesse?? Thoughts please.
I use Dia Richesse all the time to break up blonde bleached foils...My favs are 8.31 and 8.13 they just give a really soft touch..x

Latest posts

Back