Did a hand last night

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmam

Reaction score
and it was bloody awful:sad:

the acrylic wasnt moving properly, think the room was too warm
i couldnt get the beads the right size
my finishing off was dreadful, and high shine? more like no shine

Dont think the light in the room helped

Really pee'd off as i only have till wednesday to improve them. I dont think the ones last night were anywhere near good enough for Creative.

Em x

If your doing the foundation try not to worry to much, Its really only a starting point and you will get much better.

Please don't worry! A lot of us on here are no different I'm sure, I know I'm not!
I passed the CNFC last July and even now I'm sometimes really unhappy with what I do. I know I don't practice enough but I'm sure that's what it's all down to......practice!! Well I'm gonna change that cos I'm gonna make a definite effort to practice more on my trainer hand. You just carry on practicing and I'm sure in the end if we stick with it we'll get the hang of it

lell said:
If your doing the foundation try not to worry to much, Its really only a starting point and you will get much better.

emmam said:
and it was bloody awful:sad:

the acrylic wasnt moving properly, think the room was too warm
i couldnt get the beads the right size
my finishing off was dreadful, and high shine? more like no shine

Dont think the light in the room helped

Really pee'd off as i only have till wednesday to improve them. I dont think the ones last night were anywhere near good enough for Creative.

Em x

Hi Emma

You and me are in the same boat at the moment, although my final foundation course day is tomorrow. I'm just trying to learn all the theory now (well, having a break at mo as I'm on here obviously!).

The only thing about my practice nails that I am happy with is my smile lines - there is a definite improvement!

Everything else I am not happy with:

- can't take to the pink powder at all, still can't get the mix ratio correct
- doing the pink part of the overlay on the nail trainer large nail plates has nearly had me throwing the nail trainer across the kitchen!!! Couldn't get big enough beads to do them with 2 beads and so have ended up with fill lines and uneveness from using 3-5 beads!!!
- Varnishing the large nails was a nightmare
- I'm still taking ages per set

and the list goes on!

Chin up love, lets keep practicing and we'll get there eventually!

Love Sal xxx

Hi Emma,

All this will come in time, just be patient.:wink2:
Why not try getting your mix ratio right by drawing circles different bead sizes on card and get them laminated.
If you have the right mix ratio, the acrylic will form a nice blob, with little liquid around the edge.
Hope this helps:hug:
Tina x

Latest posts

Back