Did I dream this up .....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
I'm sure this is possible - but maybe not.

Tried added some silk to a gel overlay yesterday. Put on a thin layer of tel - cured - left on the sticky layer and put on a layer of silk over the stress area - slowly layered it with gel - enough to make the silk disappear - but it didn't seem to want to stay put and when it was cured it certainly wasn't flat to the nail - it kind of stuck up around the edges .... that thing was coming straight off !!

Is it poss - if so, anyone know when I would add the silk?

Thanks

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

YES IT CAN BE DONE.

I use this method if ,for instance a client has a painful crack across the nail and I do not wish to remove the enhancement . Afte cleansing ect I apply a strip of Fiberglass where I want it then using either our 1 Step or Reconstructur I PRESS the gel over the strip. I do not use the usual method of applying the gel because the fiberglass then gets 'moved 'about . Continue to press gently over the fiberglass then once this is done I gently take the gel over the whole of the nail. Cure,apply another layer of gel(using usual application method ), Cure then usual finishing steps.

Hope I have explained this properly :o

Karen
Light Elegance UK

I use this method too, however always put the silk or fibreglass on before applying the gel. Or if they already have enhancements I prep nail then put fabric over then apply gel.

kind regards
x

VickyB said:
I'm sure this is possible - but maybe not.

Tried added some silk to a gel overlay yesterday. Put on a thin layer of tel - cured - left on the sticky layer and put on a layer of silk over the stress area - slowly layered it with gel - enough to make the silk disappear - but it didn't seem to want to stay put and when it was cured it certainly wasn't flat to the nail - it kind of stuck up around the edges .... that thing was coming straight off !!

Is it poss - if so, anyone know when I would add the silk?

Thanks

Vicky

This is exactly what happened to me. Glad to find out that I should not have put a layer of gel on first before the silk.

Thanks for coming to my rescue on this - I did wonder if I should put a layer of gel on first - that is obviously what interfered with the adhesion - I'll try this method.

Vicky

The way I do it is apply the bonder layer (if you have a 3 phase gel)and cure. Then place the fibreglass on the nail and stipple in a very thin layer of builder gel so the gauze becomes invisible and cure. Then apply a layer of builder gel as normal and cure, remove sticky layer. Buff smooth and apply finishing gel, cure and wipe. C'est voila!

Latest posts

Back