Trouble with Cuccio colour veneer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellcass

Reaction score
hi guys

Has anyone been having trouble with Cuccio colour veneer products?

I was doing a gel manicure on a client today, thank god it was a relative as, and it was a complete shambles.

I preformed a dry manicure before applying step 1 dehydrater to the entire nail followed by step 2 fuse over the free edges. I then applied a base coat and cured it under the Cuccio pro max light for the required time. I pulled the nails out from the led and could tell that it wasn't cured even though I did it right as well as let my lamp heat up before use. I went on with the next layer, a colour, and found it was so thin and runny that it was running into the nail walls and the cuticle with even the thinnest layer of application. It was even sliding off the nail while being cured in the lamp leaving it cured to the skin! I didn't expect this when I had even used the spatula you have to buy to mix the colour in the bottle before I applied it. Afte curing the first coat of colour and curing it for the specified time and finding some areas of pooled gel stuck the the skin I found the rest of the nail to be not even close to being cured. This wasn't the sticky tacky layer that's always on the nail, it was still just runny and wet. I wondered if it was this perticullar bottle and my client with good reason obviously wasn't happy so I decided to remove it and try a different bottle. I used the soak off solution along with the sponges and caps to find that the seemingly not cured gel would not budge even after 30 mins in the caps. I had to file it off. My client was happy to let me try another colour so I did the same as before in all steps and was getting the same problems of flooding, uncured gel, so much so that I had to cure her nails in the 'lamp that cures in 30 seconds' for over 10 mins at a time to get each layer cured. She was finally satisfied enough with the from coat finally cured and squeaked but I am absolutly disgusted with my service and so thankful that it wasn't an official customer rather than a family member.

I followed every instruction on pakaging and on their YouTube videos and used their entire range of products.

Is anyone else having trouble? Can anyone see where I might of gone wrong? Or am I completely right to be absolutely disgusted with this product?

I have heard some excellent things about the brand hence why I have the whole lot of it. Bit I've used it once before on my nails to find the curing times a complete lie and for it to chip the following day. And now this!

Do I go direct to Cuccio and ask them what to do? Or should I try and get a refund with the retailer I bought the lamp from as it clearly isn't fit for the purpose it was intended for. I have 19 bottles of veneer that is £14.95 each gone down the drain as well as £180 lamp if o don't work out what's going so wrong with it.

Any friendly advice would be grateful. I don't have this problem while training with cnd shellac!

I've used Cuccio for a year now and had no problems like this.
I note from an earlier post that they the veneers weren't purchased direct from Cuccio. Is the stockist a Cuccio authorised distributor? I'm just wondering if they are genuine products.
I've only purchased from the Scottish distributor who Cuccio referred me to and direct from Cuccio uk

Last edited:
Hi, no I bought it from the retailer salon connection, they have a few locations here in Wales. I get everything from their shop and online site. They sell really repitble brands like NSI orly, just wax, hive, the edge ect so I don't really doubt them to sell me dodgy goods.
I'll have a look on the Cuccio site now and see if they are on there as one.

Like I've said before I've heard great things and salon connection are really hyping them up at the moment with huge display stands to hence me buying it in the first place so I really don't understand why this has happened.

How did you get on?

I'm still yet to hear from Cuccio.

I contacted salon connection where I got them from and they replied straight away saying that they would forward my email to head office and get back to me.

Fingers crossed I'll get a response in the next few days just time consuming when I'm waiting for a solution.

Thanks for asking, I will update you on how it goes X

If you call Cuccio direct I'm sure you'll get it sorted ASAP. They are very helpful

hi guys

Has anyone been having trouble with Cuccio colour veneer products?

I was doing a gel manicure on a client today, thank god it was a relative as, and it was a complete shambles.

I preformed a dry manicure before applying step 1 dehydrater to the entire nail followed by step 2 fuse over the free edges. I then applied a base coat and cured it under the Cuccio pro max light for the required time. I pulled the nails out from the led and could tell that it wasn't cured even though I did it right as well as let my lamp heat up before use. I went on with the next layer, a colour, and found it was so thin and runny that it was running into the nail walls and the cuticle with even the thinnest layer of application. It was even sliding off the nail while being cured in the lamp leaving it cured to the skin! I didn't expect this when I had even used the spatula you have to buy to mix the colour in the bottle before I applied it. Afte curing the first coat of colour and curing it for the specified time and finding some areas of pooled gel stuck the the skin I found the rest of the nail to be not even close to being cured. This wasn't the sticky tacky layer that's always on the nail, it was still just runny and wet. I wondered if it was this perticullar bottle and my client with good reason obviously wasn't happy so I decided to remove it and try a different bottle. I used the soak off solution along with the sponges and caps to find that the seemingly not cured gel would not budge even after 30 mins in the caps. I had to file it off. My client was happy to let me try another colour so I did the same as before in all steps and was getting the same problems of flooding, uncured gel, so much so that I had to cure her nails in the 'lamp that cures in 30 seconds' for over 10 mins at a time to get each layer cured. She was finally satisfied enough with the from coat finally cured and squeaked but I am absolutly disgusted with my service and so thankful that it wasn't an official customer rather than a family member.

I followed every instruction on pakaging and on their YouTube videos and used their entire range of products.

Is anyone else having trouble? Can anyone see where I might of gone wrong? Or am I completely right to be absolutely disgusted with this product?

I have heard some excellent things about the brand hence why I have the whole lot of it. Bit I've used it once before on my nails to find the curing times a complete lie and for it to chip the following day. And now this!

Do I go direct to Cuccio and ask them what to do? Or should I try and get a refund with the retailer I bought the lamp from as it clearly isn't fit for the purpose it was intended for. I have 19 bottles of veneer that is £14.95 each gone down the drain as well as £180 lamp if o don't work out what's going so wrong with it.

Any friendly advice would be grateful. I don't have this problem while training with cnd shellac!
YES! I do everything right and the gel products will not stay on my customers! I have contacted Cuccio but still wait on an answer. I am very unsatisfied!

I use Cuccio and have had only one problem ever and that's with fading on three of their veneer colours. The rest (I have all their coloured veneers) are stable and I'm very happy it's my main core brand.

Are you putting the coats on thin enough, some take 3 to cover?

Also I put Fuse over the whole nail not just free edge.

It sounds like their could be s problem with your lamp, is it the MaxPro5 led lamp?

If you call Cuccio in Nottingham they are brill or go visit at the trade shows.

Latest posts

Back