Did people really do this before tents?? (tanners)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
Ive only been tanning just over a year but was totally baffled when a client told me this tonight. Shes had tans before in past and this her 2nd one with me she then went on to tell me about the tan she got on her honeymoon about 2.5 year ago.
She was stayin at a hotel in Scotland and she booked a mobile tanner to come in and spray her, she then went to say “this was in the day before tents“!!!
I was abit puzzled but she carried on to say the lady asked her to lie on a sheet on the floor and lie like a star fish , yes like a star fish ....i was giggling at this point . Then she told her to turn over and she sprayed her back. She says caused such a mess and the bed sheets were rotten haham
Thought id share this funny story with you, but did people or do people really do this? Surely not? Could this jus been an ametur pulling a fast one lol x

Hi, iv been spray tanning for 10 years and from day one always had a spray room with extraction fans. My clients stand the same way now as they did 10 years ago. Only difference is equipment and solution changes First spray guns out were ridiculous though. air brush pens like the nail art ones with a tiny foot peddle compressor. it took 2 coats (20 mins each) on 2 consecutive days to complete the treatment lol.

Thought before tents it was manuel tans, we did these in College, exfoliating the client, moisturising and then applying the tan... Clients leaving like they had rolled around in mud lol! Xx

I thought before tents people were sprayed in the shower cubicle! Is that really silly? Haha x

I thought before tents people were sprayed in the shower cubicle! Is that really silly? Haha x
Oh my! yes i too remember spray tans in the shower cubicle!! with a black bin liner covering the shower unit on the wall in case it got stained haha!! As a spray tanner myself i'm so grateful for the invention of the booth!!

Ive only been tanning just over a year but was totally baffled when a client told me this tonight. Shes had tans before in past and this her 2nd one with me she then went on to tell me about the tan she got on her honeymoon about 2.5 year ago.
She was stayin at a hotel in Scotland and she booked a mobile tanner to come in and spray her, she then went to say “this was in the day before tents“!!!
I was abit puzzled but she carried on to say the lady asked her to lie on a sheet on the floor and lie like a star fish , yes like a star fish ....i was giggling at this point . Then she told her to turn over and she sprayed her back. She says caused such a mess and the bed sheets were rotten haham
Thought id share this funny story with you, but did people or do people really do this? Surely not? Could this jus been an ametur pulling a fast one lol x

I've had a client tell me that they've had to lie down for a tan and it made a huge mess. But I can't remember if she said it was a spray or if it was a manual tan.

I have been tanning for just over 10 years and as already said, not much has changed in the way my clients stand, only difference is now they are inside a tent and the machines are more efficient along with the solutions.

I have never heard of anyone laying down before now and can't see how it would work really. I suppose each to his own. :wink2:

Thanks for your replys , i diod find it really odd but then im new to the tanning world but it did have me in kinks lol x

If I'm just doing my face for a night out with a spray on wash off thing i use the shower. I know the home products aren't as good quality, I do have a proper tan for day to day, but like the Orange look for nights out so spray with cheap stuff then add a load of bronzer xoxo

I can remember I used to go to do some Fairground people. The girls loved their beauty treatments and I have done lots of tanning in the small shower cubicles in their trailers. The thing that was great was they had fabulous extractor fans built in so the trailer didn't get damp because of the shower. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back