Did you struggle to choose a name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzyBee12

Reaction score
I'm getting so fed up now as I just cannot come up with a name. I know it's ridiculous but I've been at it weeks and losing the will to live!

I'm in the same boat :-/ lol x

I honestly feel like just giving up! If I could decide on a name I could finalise a logo and build a website but it's holding me back now

What ideas have you come up with so far?

You need to make a decision and run with it. It's a little like naming a child. If you say 'we're thinking of Toby, what do you think? ' everyone will have an opinion. It makes me think of Toby jug. Does he gave big ears? and so on.

If you give it as a fait accompli, as in "we've called him Toby" everyone says "lovely" regardless of what they really think.

You can put names on here and have lots of different opinions but ultimately you have to sometimes take a leap of faith.

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I think naming a child is easier haha

I think it's more I'm not convinced by anything rather than anyone else too

You should go with something that makes you feel good, and means something to you, I love hawaii & surfing & the beach so wanted something along those lines, I toyed with a lot of names like my own name salon etc and all the regular boring ones but I had to think about me as a person and what I love! when I chose kahuna hair I got a lot of questions and quite a few jokes but now the meaning is perfectly understood and I often get refered to as the big kahuna (as in the best of the best) it's good enough for Virgin to use as a tv ad! (They did this after I chose my name lol)

Kahuna can be the best surfer on the beach or it can be "kahu" "una" which means a skilled master crafts person who takes care of people :)

I like to stand out from the crowd lol

You could write down all the words related to your business, yourself and how you want your business to be perceived and then words like studio, rooms, beauty, hair nails etc what Evers relevant on to individual cards have a shuffle and move them around next to each other to see if you find something you like the sound of x

Last edited:
You should go with something that makes you feel good, and means something to you, I love hawaii & surfing & the beach so wanted something along those lines, I toyed with a lot of names like my own name salon etc and all the regular boring ones but I had to think about me as a person and what I love! when I chose kahuna hair I got a lot of questions and quite a few jokes but now the meaning is perfectly understood and I often get refered to as the big kahuna (as in the best of the best) it's good enough for Virgin to use as a tv ad! (They did this after I chose my name lol)

Kahuna can be the best surfer on the beach or it can be "kahu" "una" which means a skilled master crafts person who takes care of people :)

I like to stand out from the crowd lol

I didn't realise that's what kahuna meant - what a cool name :)

See just not this imaginative!

You must be a little to have busy bee as a profile name on here, that's imaginative! I imagine u as a busy person because of it (could be wrong mind lol ;) ) what do you do in your business altogether?

Latest posts

Back