Differences between Mary Cohr & Decleor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazysaz

Reaction score
hi all, I'm in the middle of trying to decide what facial range for my salon and it is so hard! Im drawn towards Decleor and Mary Cohr - both are well known and have good support in the form of training etc. What would the main differences be? I know Mary Cohr have the catio-vital machine so this would be good for facials but how good is their own use products?i am using Decleor at the mo and like it too.

also would like tot know how they compare to Guinot, apparently Mary Cohr is made in the same factory. Don't think I could afford Guinot, rang them once and they very adament about their opening order price etc

Last edited:
hello

iwas in the same situation as you between decleor and elemis, i chose elemis in the end after working with decleor i found it only suited older clients.

i had mary cohr in my first salon and all my clients loved it but most people hadnt heard of it so i struggled to sell. my clients loved th catio vatal machine.

also decleor i think you have to buy a certain amount with decleor each time you order i dont remember mary cohr being like that i used to do big and little orders!!

also if you do choose mary cohr i have my machine for sale very cheep which would cut your costs down!!

good luck

vicky

Decleor in Ireland are distributed by another company and I dont think thry do the min value order - i hope not! That would def rule it out for me!
M Cohr were doing an offer where if you spent 3k you got the machine worth 3 free, well i should be able to pick up a machine and I told her this. When I had spoke to there head office they said the lowest opening order was just under £2 and I could have a mix of Gatineau and Mary Cohr. What di the rep come back to me with - £2900!!! If i was gonna spend that I would just spend the £3 and get the machine!
I thought the Decleor rep seemed more helpful, plus a salon has change frm Decleor to Dermalogica so it has a presence in the town as well as being on QVC. (the reason they swopped had nothing to do with the product btw, it was other stuff)
reasons for Mary Cohr - machine based facials, plus you can do Gatineau too
Which do you think gets good results for - problematic skin, dry skin, and aging skin? I have a lot of young customers as well as more mature ladies
Such a big decision and such a lot of money!
thanks for your help!
pm me bout your machine btw

If it was my choice then I would choose Decleor.

I don't really know a great deal about Mary Cohr other than having a couple of facials with the products at my friends salon. I have only had the non-electrical facials and hand on my heart noticed no difference in my skin whatsoever after both facials. I do like the products but unfortunately they just didn't get any results with my skin.

I think Decleor suits young & old skin. When my skin was at its absolute worst with acne the only thing that controlled it was Decleor.

I don't really have any experience with MC other than above so can't give a proper opinion but I think Decleor is fab, the training I attended was fantastic and the products sell themselves. The facials give results everytime and I remember the rep support as being outstanding.

something in my heart is telling me decleor. ive been using their products lately and they are lovely. have a couple of younger clients with problematic skin so gonna try out some on them so ive tried a range of people.
i kinda thought that about mary cohr, did it not have the rep as being guinots poorer brand for a while??

Latest posts

Back