Different ferrules on acrylic brushes???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zemma

Reaction score
Hi ive just seen some fantastic brushes for acrylic but they are different ferrules ive been taught using a number 8 round ferrule whats the difference as there are lots of numbers and is a number 8 the best number to use for applying acrylic?

xx

Hi ive just seen some fantastic brushes for acrylic but they are different ferrules ive been taught using a number 8 round ferrule whats the difference as there are lots of numbers and is a number 8 the best number to use for applying acrylic?

xx

There is no BEST when it comes to the size of your brush. You work with the size that you are comfortable using.

I personally do not like a round ferule for application of product, I prefer a crimped ferule. I also do not like a round pointed brush. These are MY personal preferences. Others will have theirs.

But I have to say that nearly every great tech I have ever seen work, works with a large flat brush for L&P, for good reasons: One has greater control of the product, a large brush saves time because it creates a smoother surface so less finishing and a larger brush helps prevent lifting because one can use it to create greater pressure.

i would say an 8 is the average size of brush to start off with. as you gain more experience and control of your product you may want to go up to a larger brush. though some prefer to stay at 8. i have also noticed that sizes do vary a little between brands, one companies 8 being more like anothers 10.

the ferrules are normaly round , oval or flat and this gives a different shape to the brush head because of the way it holds or pinches the hairs into place.

i dont particularly care for a round brush, though i did work for a long time with a flat brush. i have for the last few years stuck with an oval brush with a pointed tip.
it does seem to be something that varies with different peoples individual preferences and styles of working.

Latest posts

Back