different ways to pre pig!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calliek

Reaction score
as iv been scouting about on here I noticed a lot of different opinions on pre piggin! so just interested to see how you all do it?

I'm in a salon atm where they only let us use a limited range of products so I have to use the pre pig sprays!

Hi.
For me it depends on the porosity.

Very porous hair, I will either use a semi-permanent, or a demi-permanent tint for the pre-pig and dry this into the hair then apply my desired tint over the top.

Average porosity, I can use a permanent tint or demi-permanent with a low strength peroxide or water, depending on the intensity of the pre-pig.

:):):)

I either use the pre pig spray or permanent colour mixed with warm water which I dry into the hair, but oddly enough I was reading some literature a few hours ago from Lakme. They are advising with their colours to spray the hair with water then apply the colour you are using to pre pig with, their I.e. Is apply 9.3 to pre pig to darken to a 9.0, directly from the tube, leave 15 mins then apply the required shade.
Interesting.

the goldwell pre pig system is great! Easy to follow!

I apply a semi with gold in a shade lighter sparingly across the hair brush it through and then comb it to ensure there is not excess colour there.

I was taught this way 5 years ago and still find it gives good coverage.

Perfecton is pretty good as a pre pig.

I've been taught to pre-pig with Majirel, apply the pre-pig shade mixed with warm water then the desired shade straight over the top. No drying in between.

Hiya, I do beauty - not hair, but since stumbling across this post I am very intrigued to know what pre-pigging is?!? :lol:

Mooey - it's when you put tone back into lightened hair that you want to take darker so that it doesn't go a weird colour (usually green).

@mooey it stands for pre pigmenting , when you are putting a darker colour on hair that had previously been lightened, u need to put back the undertones that where lost during the lightening process, this stops the hair going khaki :)

Sorry, didn't realise someone had already replied..lol

Well two heads are better than one! :)

Hehe, good to know! It sounds like some sort of preparation before having a mega feast/pig-out!! But maybe thats just me... FOOD OBSESSED! lol x

Latest posts

Back