Difficult clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer Delgado

Reaction score
what is the best way to just get rid of a client. I’ve tried saying that im sick or have no openings, referred them elsewhere and they just keep emailing me “when will you be available”. Its so stressful because I see mutual clients so I really dont know what to do.

Are you able to say what sort of particular problems you have with this client?

Are you able to say what sort of particular problems you have with this client?

Tardiness in the past, sometimes she is not happy and will say sarcastic comments while other clients are present. I think it more of out personalities clashing. But she insists on having an appt and I dont think its worth it.

Hmm..we've all had clients that stress us out over the years, some are easier to deal with than others.

If tardiness is the main problem then I would suggest that you take your stance by only treating her for the amount of time she has left on her appointment. This way you finish her on time and are ready for your next client to schedule.
So, for example:
  • She books a facial and a half leg wax (1.5 hours).
  • She then arrives 30 mins late.
  • You then say to her that you can manage the facial in one hour but not the leg wax. Would she like to re-book this for another day?

This keeps it polite but the inconvenience is put back onto the client. Hopefully she will then learn to turn up on time!

With regard to the sarcastic comments in front of others - don't worry about this as your other clients are not daft and can see what the tricky client is like. Just keep your replies bland and professional. Your other clients will be sympathising with you, so don't take it to heart.

Ultimately this client does keep wanting to come to you so just take her money with a smile! ;)

Latest posts

Back