Digital wax heaters and timer plugs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilks12

Reaction score
Hi all, ive recently changed my heaters to digital ones, however the only downer is that i dont seem to now be able to set them on a timer plug, can anyone offer any suggestions as to a work around?

I've got 4 Hive digital heaters and you can't use a timer. I've been leaving mine on 24/7 during the week because it takes so long to heat from scratch every day and get to the correct temp and I don't think that keep heating on high every morning then turning it off at night and so on can be very good for the wax or the heater.

I also have hive heaters and I also leave them on all of the time, but having said that, I work from home and have fantastic smoke alarms! I'm not sure if I would do that if I was salon based, and I'm not sure how happy my house insurance would be if something did go wrong.

I'm not keen on blasting my wax on high first thing of a morning then letting it cool, every time I've tried this I feel there are issues with the consistency and the wax snapping. I know if I top my pots up at night and leave them on overnight at the right temp my wax is perfect with no issues.

I've been stung by this too! I have 3 different waxes tho, so I have I in my old heater which I use on a timer and the other 2 are in a digital double heater. I just live round the corner from where I work so I have on occasion got up really early to go and switch it on and have also brought it home with me to switch on and take in. Don't know which ones more hassle! Really wish I hadn't bought it though and just went for more of the old style pots! [emoji8]

Latest posts

Back