Dip - your thoughts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzer28

Reaction score
Has anyone used or are using a dipping system?
I'm wondering whether to add this to my treatments?

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone used or are using a dipping system?
I'm wondering whether to add this to my treatments?

Thanks in advance!

The salon I work in just started to use this service. In my opinion for some clients it is more suitable since it is still acrylic and it is harder than any gel polish. So if you have clients who can't hold the gel polish for 2 weeks, offer them this and this is still way less thick than any extensions. I feel it is a little messy, but not uncomfortably. The only question is how much should it be? We offer it around the same price as an extension because the product itself is more expensive than gel polishes or extension products. In time wise it is between a gel manicure and the time you need for an infill.
So this is a solution for those who need more than a gel manicure but don't want extensions.
Hope it helps with decision.;)

I am trying out the gelish dip system and I love it only takes me half hour to do . When I paint nails with gel polish it can take me anything from 45 mins to 2 hours if applying glitter or chrome . So the dip is much faster . The only thing I would say is people think that now they can do anything with their nails and not wear gloves because it's got acrylic in it . So it's a bit frustrating !!

Last edited:
Do you currently do acrylic services and have proper ventilation equipment? Dip systems have minimal odor but they do require lots of filing/create a lot of dust. I don't offer them in my salon because of the dust.

Do you currently do acrylic services and have proper ventilation equipment? Dip systems have minimal odor but they do require lots of filing/create a lot of dust. I don't offer them in my salon because of the dust.
I don't use dipping system as nail extensions , just as natural overlay for clients who struggle with gel polish . I find I don't need to do a lot of filing

We have created our Flexiglaze nail dipping glaze to be a thin viscosity which absorbs our fine dip powders well, so minimal filing, and good for natural nail overlays, and we have made our formula odourless. It is not the same grade of glue as other dip system glues, plus our activator is in a fine atomiser spray so dries our glaze smoothly, as not too much is applied. Can be soaked off without buffing first if required, so no dust, but will come off quicker if buffed slightly.

I m sat next to a patio door and have a dust collector!

I don't use dipping system as nail extensions , just as natural overlay for clients who struggle with gel polish . I find I don't need to do a lot of filing
Thank:)

Latest posts

Back