Diploma queries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollygal05

Reaction score
I have recently been on a eyelash tinting course which also taught how to shape eyebrows and apply strip and cluster lashes, I completed the course and got a diploma. Does this diploma mean I can work mobile as someone has said no I can't and now I am confused

I think it depends who the diploma is accredited by. I might be wrong ( If anyone else has a better understanding please correct me lol!) :hug:

For example, If you want to work mobile you will need to have liability insurance. Most (if not all??) Insurance companies will only insure you if the training/ diploma is accredited by certain recognized bodies, ie City & Guilds or The Guild. (there are others but I cant remember off the top of my head)

When you did the course did they say if they were accredited? Or was the training with one of the main companies, Nouveau for example?

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong but you could also contact the training company and ask what insurers accept their diplomas or ring an insurance company to see if they accept yours. xx

Thank you the diploma is accredited by the guild of holistic therapists, the guild of beauty therapists and the guild of nail technicians the course details state this enables me to work mobile but now I am confused x

To keep it simple, go to the guilds web site and check on their insurance and membership fees. If you join the guild you can get mobile beauty insurance through them. That should cover treatments, public liability etc

I am insured through www.beautyguild.com just confused as someone I know who works in beauty said a diploma I can't work mobile ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396972566.429392.jpg this is my certificate

seems that your course is accredited by the looks of that so if you ring the guild and purchase insurance there should be no problem. They have already approved the training provider by accrediting them so you should have no problem getting your insurance x

Thank you I have insurance :) the other lady that does mobile is nvq trained at college and she said that's what I need to have and I can't do mobile work on a diploma even though I was told by the beauty school I trained with that I can so just a little confused x

Where I live you would be able to do mobile work but could not work in a salon. If you are concerned just call your local council and ask.

All you need to work anywhere is insurance. You have it.

Vicki x

Latest posts

Back