Dirty fingernails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about clients that sneeze into their hands and get offended when you ask them kindly to please wash them? 😳

I just hand them the Cool Blue and no one at all has ever been offended by it. I always use it when I need to blow my nose while working and I know clients appreciate it. I don't recall ever starting a treatment without washing and Using Cool Blue. It's automatic for me and it should be for everyone.

If you've been a manacurist in an old people's home, you won't believe the GUNK you find under thier nails !! And as they are in wheelchairs they can't go wash thier hands !! This is where I found a manicure finger bowl my most necessary piece of equipment.. to soak thier fingers in to soften up the gunk so I could prise it out with orange stick wrapped with cotton wool. Not for the faint hearted, but somebody has to do it.. the manicurist !

Thank god those days are over for me.. bless em :biggrin:

They're not over for me! :Scared:

I usually want to physically wretch.

Can anyone recommend how to clean hands and nails, for someone who works with coal and tar?
It obviously stains behind the free edge and in the cracks if their hands :/ x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I've got an artist who likes to draw with charcoal. Now there's a challenge!

Hi
Two questions

1. I was told not to let a client wash their hands just before a treatment as it expanded the nails? (not allowed in hot or cold water!)

2. I was also told prep products can do the same, I think this is why my nails lift (I'm to scared to use more then the tinniest amount of my cuticle remover so I don't get all of it off)

Can someone please answer the above - is what I was told right?

Hi
Two questions

1. I was told not to let a client wash their hands just before a treatment as it expanded the nails? (not allowed in hot or cold water!)

2. I was also told prep products can do the same, I think this is why my nails lift (I'm to scared to use more then the tinniest amount of my cuticle remover so I don't get all of it off)

Your nails are probably lifting because you haven't done enough prep. Can I ask why you are afraid of cuticle remover? Lol

Hi
Two questions

I think whoever told you that was going to the extreme or you took what was said to extremes yourself. Nails do not swell up in the minute it takes to wash and sanitise the hands nor when you spray a little water on to remove the Cuticle Away which you MUST do ....
My clients wash, sanitise, and I use Cuticle Away when needed ... Do you think my clients nails are all prone to lifting??

It is SOAKING that is not advised before applying enhancements or applying polish but washing and cleaning should be part of your every day routine.

I think you should try doing things the right way instead of being scared to do things the way the manufacturer themselves instruct you to.

This is what I was told at college but thanks for clearing the air

I think you should try doing things the right way instead of being scared to do things the way the manufacturer themselves instruct you to.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Naughty client should wear gloves :biggrin:

She tries her best but some tasks for gardners means you have to use your fingers. Her fingers are clean and she is a very clean client just trying to remove the last traces of soil can be tricky thats all

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back