Disappointing SV body wrap results

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan Fairy

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone can advise me? I have just done a 2nd body wrap on a client and she has only lost 2 inches despite losing 10, 10 days ago, she is very disappointed as am i, she exercises & rides a bike every day, has been eating healthily , has no health problems apart from IBS and takes no medication apart from paracetomol. She has another one booked for 10 days time, but is thinking of not having it and possibly wanting some money back of which i feel obliged to give her???? This is the first client this has happened with me & not sure what to advise or do....:confused:

I think it's all about managing the clients expectations. 2 inches is still a loss and a decent one at that! Where else could you do nothing for an hour and lose 2 inches??? I definitely would not be refunding her as you put in the time & used products during that appointment. Loss on 2nd wrap is usually smaller anyway - could she be due her period? Which would effect results??

Agree with above, is she on her period, and remember that she could continue to lose over the next 72 hours. Are you on the SV Facebook group? x

Agree with above, is she on her period, and remember that she could continue to lose over the next 72 hours. Are you on the SV Facebook group? x

Thanks yes I agree & one thing i forgot to ask her about time of the month!

Agree with the above comments! But at the end of the day, she still got a loss!

You don't know what she has eaten or been drinking (alcohol) or she could be dehydrated ! There could have been many thing that she could have done to Contribute to a smaller loss too!
Clients don't always tell you the truth you know! Lol especially if they think it may save them a few £ .

Although she may be very healthy she may have seen how fab the results were from her last wrap and may be got a little more relaxed about what she was eating or drinking and thinking 'oh it's ok, I have another wrap booked' ;) ALSO... 72 hour treatment, so she still has more to lose ;) don't fret about it xxx

Dont give her her money back.

losses differ from person to person so do explain that to every client that wants to book one. I tell mine that and they are still happy to book and dont promise huge losses.

Dont feel disheartnd by the small losses.

I do think 12 inches is fab loss for just lying there though! :biggrin:

Dont give her her money back.

losses differ from person to person so do explain that to every client that wants to book one. I tell mine that and they are still happy to book and dont promise huge losses.

Dont feel disheartnd by the small losses.

I do think 12 inches is fab loss for just lying there though! :biggrin:

Thank you, it does make a difference to have some encouragement :)

The following post is from me as a client.

I apparently had a great loss after my first wrap, but I failed miserably to manage to get measurements that added up after the 72 hours (mine were mostly MORE that what the therapist had written as my starting point & I got my boyfriend to measure me twice) but I lost 3lb.

I returned & had a very little loss after the second wrap, again my measurments didn't seem to add up after 72 hours or from the first weeks pre wrap to the second weeks pre wrap figures (I kept getting either the same meausrements or MORE than my starting ones, again I got my boyfriend to measure me twice) and I didn't lose any weight at all.

Now I know I have to drink lots, & I did & I have to eat healthy, which I did. I did this for the whole time, I don't have 'monthlys' as I'm on the injection.

Although you guys say a loss is a loss I felt it was a lot of money to be paying out for little/no results. Even if I am laying there doing nothing for an hour.

I have yet to go back and speak to the therapist I went to (we are both rather busy) and I wouldn't be doing so in an attempt to get money back but to inform her of my dissapointment in the results I got, I will be returning to her for some pampering but I don't think I will get anymore SV wraps done as I honestly can't get say I lost any inches as my measuremnets were all over the place. I did lose 3lb but that could have been the change in my eating habbits as drinking a lot more water made me feel full all the time & I know I stopped picking at 'naughty' things (crisps/chocolate/sweets).

Hi just wondered if anyone can advise me where the shrinking violet group has gone, I cant seem to find/access it.thanks:suprised:

Did you go back to the therapist to get measured ??

Hi just wondered if anyone can advise me where the shrinking violet group has gone, I cant seem to find/access it.thanks:suprised:
Please PM me with your name etc and I will check x

Did you go back to the therapist to get measured ??
I assume you mean me, no I didn't go to her as she doesn't work Mon & I had wraps on Fri. My boyfriend measured me where we could find marks. The measurments the tech took at the beginning of my first wrap & the beginning of my second wrap didn't even match up. I was bigger in some places pre second wrap that I was pre first wrap.

I just couldn't get the measuremnents to add up. My boyfriend was measuring in the same places (as best we could - which is why I made him do the measurements twice) with me stood in the same position.

I even told her how we couldn't find any of the markers when we tried to measure me on the Mon and so we tried marker & nail varnish on the second wrap but nearly all those had gone by the Mon too (we joked that I must have weird skin as the permanent marker was gone, I showered before my wrap and then did not bath/shower for the 3 days).

i assume you mean me, no i didn't go to her as she doesn't work mon & i had wraps on fri. My boyfriend measured me where we could find marks. The measurments the tech took at the beginning of my first wrap & the beginning of my second wrap didn't even match up. I was bigger in some places pre second wrap that i was pre first wrap. not quite following..apologies..do you mean she measured in different places

i just couldn't get the measuremnents to add up. My boyfriend was measuring in the same places (as best we could - which is why i made him do the measurements twice) with me stood in the same position. this is why we advise in training for the client never to measure themselves as can vary a lot. If you cannot get back to the therapist we recommend trying on some tight clothing over the 72 hours

:) ....

I assume you mean me, no i didn't go to her as she doesn't work mon & i had wraps on fri. My boyfriend measured me where we could find marks. The measurments the tech took at the beginning of my first wrap & the beginning of my second wrap didn't even match up. I was bigger in some places pre second wrap that i was pre first wrap. not quite following..apologies..do you mean she measured in different places

i just couldn't get the measuremnents to add up. My boyfriend was measuring in the same places (as best we could - which is why i made him do the measurements twice) with me stood in the same position. this is why we advise in training for the client never to measure themselves as can vary a lot. If you cannot get back to the therapist we recommend trying on some tight clothing over the 72 hours :) ....
The tech measured me before the wraps then I got my boyfriend to measure me on the 3rd day where she had measured but there were no marks left so we were having to guess where to measure although we were in the same approx areas as where the tech had measured.

The tech measured the tops of my arms my waist, hips, calfs (as listed on the SV form).

The first weeks pre wrap measurements & second weeks measurements for the same areas tops of arms, waist, hips, calfs etc.. did not tally up. Some of my second week pre wrap measurements were more than pre my first wrap and I just couldn't see if I had actually lost anything at all.

The tech seemed to get lower measurements straight after the wraps (quite high loss first wrap and much smaller after second wrap) but we couldn't get the same measurements or less when trying to measure on the 3rd day, we kept getting either the same or higher measurements. As for trying on some tighter clothing, I did wear a pair of tightish trousers to the wrap and they were a little more comfortable when walking out of the salon but those same trousers seemed to have the same fit on day 3.

Not a noticable difference in the fit of those trousers after the 2 wraps.

I am not saying SV doesn't work but I did not think the money I was spending was worth the results I was getting so I have decided not to spend any more money on this treatment.

The reason it could be different first measurements from the first to the second wrap is because you can't always guarantee you are measuring the same bit unless you measure from the ground up and record that! Also if there was no marks there 3 days later that's why you may not be getting a loss or finding you measure more than the start because you don't know exactly were your therapist measured you. Clients should never measure themselves (I had a wrap before I done my training and re measured my self, the results were I had put on inches! This was only because I should have been told not to do this) shrinking violet is an amazing product, yes it may be expensive but at the end of the day it is getting rid of FAT weather it be 1 inch or 11 inches you are doing absolutely nothing as a client to gain these results, which i think is amazing! This will only work if you are prepared to healthy eat and excersise in order for the inches to stay off and obviously you will loose more inches in the long run doing this too.

Also to the OP I totally agree with wilsonpam1 make sure you manage your clients expectations, 2 inches is amazing as far as I am concerned for doing nothing but relaxing lol! Maybe she is building muscle from excersising and this is putting inches on? (Correct me if I'm wrong moosebat) x

I understand that the measurements are all over the place because the marks were gone. I can't make the marks stay put. she used a permanent marker and they were totally gone so we tried nail varnish and most of that was gone by day 3 too.

I don't think going back to the therapist would have made a lot of difference to be honest because if she can't ensure she is taking measurements in the same place pre wrap week 1 & again on week 2 then how is she going to make sure she meausres the same places on day 3 when there are no marks left - surely she is in the same boat as measuring me pre week 2 wrap.

I personally don't think that spending a lot of money and getting no real proof of results can be justified, so I have decided not to spend any more money on the treatment. That is my experience of the wraps.

I really wish I had been able to see the results and that they were enough to justify the cost of the treatment as I would love to lose fat while doing nothing but make my bank balance lighter but for me this did not seem to be the case.

We have spoken to the therapist concerned.

If you went to a liposurgeon they would remove 2-3 inches and would cost you thousands !

But I agree, this does not seem to be the treatment for you. :D

Moosebat the OP was not the therapist I saw & I would be quite dissapointed to find you have looked up and then contacted the therapist I did see before I get to speak to her myself. She will be thinking I have complained to you instead of going direct to her & that was not what these posts were about. I just wanted to pass on my experience to the op as a client as she was concerned about one of her clients.

Latest posts

Back