Discoloured white on L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bezza

Reaction score
Just been trying to do some practicing of mix ratio on tips and all of the whites (using CND White powder) has got a grey/purpley/dirty tinge to it. And on a few of the smile lines it has a yellow tinge.....

Does this mean that I'm using too much monomer and that's why they look dirty or is it because my brush is contaminated? If it's a contaminated brush is there anything I can do to make her better?! I've only had her a little while and even got one of the proper storage cases to keep her flat in!! Don't wanna throw her away.....

I've read about how to clean the brush, with fresh monomer.... seems like such a waste! Is cleaning it once a day sufficient? Or should it be after every enhancement service?

Thanks in advance!!

Just been trying to do some practicing of mix ratio on tips and all of the whites (using CND White powder) has got a grey/purpley/dirty tinge to it. And on a few of the smile lines it has a yellow tinge.....

Does this mean that I'm using too much monomer and that's why they look dirty or is it because my brush is contaminated? If it's a contaminated brush is there anything I can do to make her better?! I've only had her a little while and even got one of the proper storage cases to keep her flat in!! Don't wanna throw her away.....

I've read about how to clean the brush, with fresh monomer.... seems like such a waste! Is cleaning it once a day sufficient? Or should it be after every enhancement service?

Thanks in advance!!

Sounds like a few things going on here. Gunky monomer, wrong mix ratio and brush contamination.

It's not a waste to clean your brush properly, as you will know when you need to buy a new brush (which you do). There is little you can do if anything to save a contaminated brush so using some clean monomer to clean it out would not have been a waste but in fact it would have saved you heaps!!

Sounds like a few things going on here. Gunky monomer, wrong mix ratio and brush contamination.

It's not a waste to clean your brush properly, as you will know when you need to buy a new brush (which you do). There is little you can do if anything to save a contaminated brush so using some clean monomer to clean it out would not have been a waste but in fact it would have saved you heaps!!

Oh cr@p! Sounds like I'm going backwards again Geeg. *sigh* Thanks though. I'll venture out to buy a new brush tomorrow.... In the meantime I'm gonna have another read of Nailclass and sleep with it under my pillow in the desperate hope that some of it will seep in!! Like you've said in many of your kerbillion posts (you're a good un!), mix ratio is made to seem difficult but I guess I just need to get stuck in there and do it!!

Thanks again for your endless advice. Much appreciated :)

Oh cr@p! Sounds like I'm going backwards again Geeg. *sigh* Thanks though. I'll venture out to buy a new brush tomorrow.... In the meantime I'm gonna have another read of Nailclass and sleep with it under my pillow in the desperate hope that some of it will seep in!! Like you've said in many of your kerbillion posts (you're a good un!), mix ratio is made to seem difficult but I guess I just need to get stuck in there and do it!!

Thanks again for your endless advice. Much appreciated :)

You know, 'nailclass' is a work book. You don't need to just read it .. you need to work with it by your side when you are trying out the different techniques.

Mix ratio is not guess work .. you can see when it s right and you can feel when it is right. You can tell by the state of your brush when working if you have it right and you can tell by the look of the product on the nail if you have it right. You need to be able to do so as the temperature has a very marked affect on how you make the mix ... and it can vary from day to day as we know, so you need to be able to see when the mix is good.

It takes more time for some than others but when you get it .. you've got it.
:hug:​

You know, 'nailclass' is a work book. You don't need to just read it .. you need to work with it by your side when you are trying out the different techniques.

Mix ratio is not guess work .. you can see when it s right and you can feel when it is right. You can tell by the state of your brush when working if you have it right and you can tell by the look of the product on the nail if you have it right. You need to be able to do so as the temperature has a very marked affect on how you make the mix ... and it can vary from day to day as we know, so you need to be able to see when the mix is good.

It takes more time for some than others but when you get it .. you've got it.
:hug:​
Thanks geeg. I will get there because I know I want to!! Even if it takes me forever and ever. I watch the cnd DVD of l&p on my laptop and then practice alongside, will do the same with nailclass. Again, thanks for your time :)

Latest posts

Back