Discontinued Scentsations!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aayspa

Reaction score
Hi guys.

So CND have discontinued scentsations... Personally I don't know what I'll do without them. I use the wash in all my bathrooms and I even use the lotions as my body moisturiser. Clients love them too!!

So my question is what are we going to use now for those not wanting to pay for a spa manicure/pedicure.

Personally I offer a mini mani/pedi so just file polish and cuticle push. A classic mani/pedi so mini plus full cuticle work, cleanse, lotion and massage. And then a spa mani/pedi with all the luxuries! Most of my clients go for the classic option as they don't want to pay for the spa products and it won't be cost effective for us to use the spa products in more basic treatments. So if CND are only adding to their spa range and not adding an "everyday" line what are we going to use?!

Any ideas welcome.

Sorry for ranting x

WOW! thats a surprise, I've always used the handwashes in my home salon too. Where did you see the news??

I guess they'll add new fragrances to their manicure/pedicure range

I am a cnd girl but it is hard now discontinued scentsations and brisa lit what is next

Have a look at the Kaeso range.
Good products at a cost effective price
Available from ellisons and others

They are bringing out a spa range , I wonder if that's the replacement?? X

I think the new spa ranges will replace the scentsations too.

I liked the small bottles but havent bought any since they stopped them so will wait & see what the new ranges are like :)

Kaeso is lovely (we used it in college when i trained & i was surprised how nice they were!) but dont compare to a premium brand like CND imho. Xx

No exactly. I'm not going to start using an inferior product that can be bought from the wholesalers. My clients like the fact I only use premium products.

The new spa range will be lovely I'm sure but I'm sure it will be spa product priced too like the existing spa mani/pedi line.

Doesn't seem to be a replacement "cost effective" line for less luxury treatments. My clients aren't going to suddenly start paying for spa mani and pedi's x

No exactly. I'm not going to start using an inferior product that can be bought from the wholesalers. My clients like the fact I only use premium products.

The new spa range will be lovely I'm sure but I'm sure it will be spa product priced too like the existing spa mani/pedi line.

Doesn't seem to be a replacement "cost effective" line for less luxury treatments. My clients aren't going to suddenly start paying for spa mani and pedi's x

Take a look at the all that jazz (nail harmony) massage lotions. The scents are lovely and really reasonably priced.
x

The current spa pedi & mani range lotions (just the lotions- you wont need the other products for a 'basic' treatment) are only a pound more than Scentsations for the same sizes, so I cant see how that makes too much difference when you get so many services out of a bottle. Must be pence per service surely?

Thats only a pound PER BOTTLE between what you call 'luxury' & 'everyday'

If they stay a similar price I can't see how it will make a difference? Of course your not going to start using masques, baths & scrubs on a file and polish, but the lotion cost increase alone will be minimal :)

That's the business side of it- for personal use I haven't got a clue what to suggest for the washes lol! Lets hope they bring one out! xx

Thanks for the info. I like to use a different range for my classic and spa treatments so clients feel they are getting a totally upgraded service not just an extra exfoliant and mask. Plus there actually isn't a pedi lotion in the spa range only the hydrating oil which a lot of my clients don't like, they like a lotion so it feels creamy and moisturising. Personally I like the oil and cucumber heel therapy obviously!

I do actually need the wash for my "classic" treatments. All my literature advertises a hand cleanse moisturise and massage so that's what I must offer. Can't be changing all my pricelists etc.

We also are told to put a pump of our hand wash in with our water bottle to deactivate cuticle away aren't we?! Will still need something to do that too.

I'm sure the new gardenia range will be lovely as all the spa products are but to me and my clients it won't replace all the lovely choice of fragrances that scentsations offered.

It seems you'll have no choice other than either using a different brand for your spa mani/pedi or adding another brands versions of lotions/washes. OPI have their own lotions and large range of mani/pedi products, I personally use bio sculpture for my spa mani/pedis, Cuccio have a huge range of natural nail care products and they are very nice I'm sure they will even send you samples to try. X

Hi guys.

So CND have discontinued scentsations... Personally I don't know what I'll do without them. I use the wash in all my bathrooms and I even use the lotions as my body moisturiser. Clients love them too!!

So my question is what are we going to use now for those not wanting to pay for a spa manicure/pedicure.

Personally I offer a mini mani/pedi so just file polish and cuticle push. A classic mani/pedi so mini plus full cuticle work, cleanse, lotion and massage. And then a spa mani/pedi with all the luxuries! Most of my clients go for the classic option as they don't want to pay for the spa products and it won't be cost effective for us to use the spa products in more basic treatments. So if CND are only adding to their spa range and not adding an "everyday" line what are we going to use?!

Any ideas welcome.

Sorry for ranting x
Hey, I contacted my CND Trainer and they are bringing out new lotions with the new Mani/Pedi range that are launching soon. x

Oh no!! I just use a small but at end of shellac or gelish mani and it had lead to alot of people buying them after and they love them [emoji53][emoji53][emoji53]

Latest posts

Back